dvr box using single wire?

shiwesh

Reaction score
Dear all,

I have constraint on number of wires i can use to view tv in my internal room.
I tried to experiment with adtv dvr and d2h dvr.

1. Adtv dvr - i connected one wire only. All of channels did not show. But i was able to record one and view other. Less than 50% channels however appeared and rest showed no signal. When i started recording, another set of channels were visible but rest showed no signal.

2. D2h dvr - single wire connected to dvr. All channels showing. Then i started recording and changed the channel. No signal error came. However recording happened properly.

My conclusion- it is not possible to view all channels with single tuner one wire connection. When we request recording, systems sends command that now view channels through other tuner. And since other is not connected, no signal error appeared.

Please some experts put more light on this.

If i can resolve issue to view all channels using one wire, it will save me from extra investment for that room.

Any views experts? Need to decide this weekend what to do about it.

Not a expert but it's not possible with one wire,
I think You can use splitter in that case,
Lets see what other say.

Ok i will try with splitter.

I actually want function like adtv hd+ or dish tv tru hd+ from my dvr. Two wires have come from roof top but only one can be passed in the room.
Also off the topic, but struggling with d2h epg. Almost every 2nd time i try recording, due to wrong epg something else gets recorded.

U already tried with experiment.

Then what is ur doubt?

Its simple 1 tuner which is receving either H or V signal gets first , those set of channels continues.

Bro, a single wire will never solve your problem. Even if u r using a splitter, it still is a single wire coming from from dish. U can view all channels perfectly but for recording it will be a problem. This will apply for all DTHs. I have d2h dvr and I have personally tried recording on a single wire with a splitter to make two cables to connect on on 2 ports of the stb. With this setup and while recording either all horizontal or vertical polarity channels will be visible and u will have wrong and repeated channels visible on various channels numbers where polarity changes. I hope this explanation will help you!

me_saket said:
U already tried with experiment.

Then what is ur doubt?

Its simple 1 tuner which is receving either H or V signal gets first , those set of channels continues.

Let me make my problem clearer.

Two wires reach to my dining room from the usual dvr lnb. Now only one wire can be passed to the room where imwant to keep either d2h or adtv dvr. I am not interested really in recording, but even all the channels don't show when only one wire is connected to the stb.

Let me add, one more option, if DVR Dish and LNB is fit for non-DVR HD box, then I can arrange normal HD box and connect to one of the wires coming from the roof top. But not sure if for non-dvr, DVR LNB and dish is compatible or will give same issue as it gives with single wire connection in DVR...

Bottom line I want, no change in dish and lnb (society management will kill be as this will be 5th time, when I would be bothering them to install a new dish), but should be able to watch HD channels.

As far as my knowledge goes ,existing dish and LNB can be used to HD box,that wont be any problem. It would be best option. I used my Reliance DVR DISH and LNB to a HD box without any problem. But I am no expert in this

You already tested with HD DVR,if you already has the DVR with you,continue with it and dont use the recording function as you saying you not worried about recording.,its most simple solution,

Thanks, pras...with adtv dvr, even without recording function all channels do not come.
in d2h dvr however, all channels come, but once recording button pressed, even after cancelling channels don't apprear...and that is tedious, I guess new hd box with same lnb and dish setup, as you suggested, could be a solution...

If that is case then every operator will use single wire only

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock