Email From Dish Tv - Dish Tru HD + is the claer winner.

Reaction score
I got this email from Dish Tv today.
29x97cg.jpg

Its highly frustrating to see dish Tv advertising 41 HD channels and stating the price as 2890 and then saying recording capacity as unlimites.
FOR Unlimited recording a person will have to BUY a external HDD which will add to the cost !!:wall

^but if you use simple 2 gb pen drive , then how is it better than airtel , tata or videocon and how is it UNLIMITED ???

Dear Pugazhbalaji , But then tell me what is the cost of a 1TB HDD ?? very expensive , right ? So my point is they shouldn't advertise UNLIMITED along with a price of rs2890. as on paying 2890 , you are getting Absolutely zero recording space , and to compete with even Airtel , a minimum 320 GB HDD is required which costs minimum 3250 (acc to flipkart) which makes the 6140 , which is more expensive than all the others !!

The good thing about DIsh tru HD + is that one has no need to worry about HDD space or deleting past recordings as you can use as big a HDD as you want .! But what im against is the False claims being given in the Advertising.

Dish tru hd+ has given external hdd recording feature so later they can remain future proof, when more than 2TB storage capacity external hard disk arrive in the market. Then they will be in a position to even upgrade the firmware, even if the firmware of the current dvr box wont support it in case. If they would have given in built hdd of fixed size, they feel that they wont have been future proof.
But at the same time i do agree, its an external burden on the customer to invest in high capacity hdd for recording. And as we know because of the Thailand floods, the prices of the external storage hdd's are sky high, currently. Its a setback on part of dish tru hd+ dvr.

Dear Biswajit HD , there is no denying that it makes it futureproof , even i have installed a 1 TB HDD , but the only thing i am against is the false advertising ! The only thing i am trying to say is that if they are comparing it with airtel , they should add the minimum price of a 320 Gb HDD to the base cost !

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock