Breaking Exclusive Broadcast of India’s tour of West Indies on DD Sports on all Cable & DTH platforms

It’s been ages since DD Sports got the exclusive rights to such a big cricket tour, that too on the big DTH/cable platforms instead of only DDFD. Hereafter it should get the rights of more foreign cricket events so that more people from pay-TV platforms decide to watch it.

Also, DD has been making a lot of progress regarding HD channels lately, from DD India HD to Sansad TV HD. So DD Sports HD should become a permanent channel in the near future.

It’s been ages since DD Sports got the exclusive rights to such a big cricket tour, that too on the big DTH/cable platforms instead of only DDFD. Also, DD has been making a lot of progress regarding HD channels lately, from DD India HD to Sansad TV HD. So DD Sports HD should become a permanent channel in the near future.
But it's limited for India's tour of west indies only, because DD got free from Fancode or west indies cricket.

But it's limited for India's tour of west indies only, because DD got free from Fancode or west indies cricket.
That’s why I said that it should get the rights of more foreign cricket events instead of Star and Sony (and now Sports18) grabbing them all. So that more people who use pay-TV platforms instead of DDFD will be interested in watching DD Sports. Eurosport should also try to get more Associate cricket events to be more competitive.

It's not clear that Fancode gave matches rights free to DD,even DD gave 75% revenue to right holders for all feed sharing of national importance....

I think Fancode don't want to sell rights to private sports channels because they want more digital viewership may be some more series like India tour of NZ, Bangladesh will be available on DD Sports in future.

But buddy even if DD Sports will air the series then too Fancode viewership will be impacted. As per regulations any broadcaster or company holding tv broadcast rights of any sports event of national important, they have to share the same with DD.

Here i guess Fancode owns both TV and digital rights of West Indies Cricket and as either no private broadcaster approached them to buy the rights or they did not sell rights of the series hence by default DD became the official broadcaster of the series across platforms. I do not think Doordarshan would have bought the rights. Fancode will get 75% of ad revenue generated by DD thru broadcast of this series.

Most probably some operators will add DD Sports HD for this series and later remove it. Tata Play is most likely to add the same

As always they skipped the women's matches in Sri Lanka. Meanwhile Amazon needs to find a TV partner for New Zealand's rights.

bcoz no broadcaster or digital streaming company owns the TV rights which would have led to DD airing this matches and DD did not buy rights directly from Sri Lanka cricket

It's not clear that Fancode gave matches rights free to DD,even DD gave 75% revenue to right holders for all feed sharing of national importance....
It's not 75% revenue somewhere mentioned just 25% to 50% revenue, every private broadcaster suffered in both Viewership and Revenue.

I think nobody till now observed DD Sports Poor PQ on All cable and DTH platforms.

DD Sports Picture Quality is excellent on airtel digital tv. Picture Quality is also mainly dependent on content being aired and its production quality. Usually DD airs sports events which have poor picture quality from source end. Recently Khelo India games were aired on DD Sports and audio/video quality was extremely good. Also they air sports events in 16:9 aspect ratio which is a big plus point

bcoz no broadcaster or digital streaming company owns the TV rights which would have led to DD airing this matches and DD did not buy rights directly from Sri Lanka cricket
But it's a national importance event. Why should I miss out? SC needs to fine DD for not managing to show National Important Event.

If national importance not there for every Team India's men's All three formats ODI, T20, Test cricket matches Broadcasters like Eurosport and 1Sports too grabbed these india tours of West indies, Bangladesh Rights.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock