Breaking Exclusive Broadcast of India’s tour of West Indies on DD Sports on all Cable & DTH platforms

But it's a national importance event. Why should I miss out? SC needs to fine DD for not managing to show National Important Event.

As per my understanding of the this regulation / law there is no obligation for Doordarshan to buy rights directly for sports event board incase no private company or broadcaster owns the rights of the said event/board

Only DD can do this Drama Men's cricket national importance. than indian women's cricket not national importance ?

As per my understanding of the this regulation / law there is no obligation for Doordarshan to buy rights directly for sports event board incase no private company or broadcaster owns the rights of the said event/board
Than I think broadcasters should be allowed to sell FTA rights to small time broadcaster like Dangal, Azaad TV or even their own platform like Star Sports First. Even DD gets equal opportunity to buy rights here. Why is DD getting to make profit off the rights of private broadcasters who spend 100s of crore in acquiring rights?
Only DD can do this Drama Men's cricket national importance. than indian women's cricket not national importance ?
It's about ratings and what draws money.

Than I think broadcasters should be allowed to sell FTA rights to small time broadcaster like Dangal, Azaad TV or even their own platform like Star Sports First. Even DD gets equal opportunity to buy rights here. Why is DD getting to make profit off the rights of private broadcasters who spend 100s of crore in acquiring rights?

It's about ratings and what draws money.

DD is not making profit, they r sharing 75% of ad revenue earned thru telecast of such matches or series. Star/disney, Sony, Viacom18 r free to air the events on their FTA channels on DD Free Dish or work out an agreement with government to even carry such chs for series duration on terrestrial mode but fact is private broadcasters do not want to do this fearing that they will lose subscription or ad revenue on pay channels as people might switch to DD Free Dish or Terrestrial Feed to watch the matches. I feel this assumption is not right, they need to b confident of the content they carry and i do not think just for few sport events people will disconnect the pay tv connection.

Intention of the government is that each individual should be able to see important matches / sporting events. Even in UK such kind of sharing is mandatory for key sporting events.

Even if suppose FTA / Pay TV rights r sold separately then too what difference will it make? Still private broadcasters will face the same situation where people can watch matches for free. I read in some article that in UK such kind of agreements happen for some sports events and both FTA and Pay TV telecast is carried by DTH operators apart from FTA channel being available thru terrestrial mode.

DD is not making profit, they r sharing 75% of ad revenue earned thru telecast of such matches or series. Star/disney, Sony, Viacom18 r free to air the events on their FTA channels on DD Free Dish or work out an agreement with government to even carry such chs for series duration on terrestrial mode but fact is private broadcasters do not want to do this fearing that they will lose subscription or ad revenue on pay channels as people might switch to DD Free Dish or Terrestrial Feed to watch the matches. I feel this assumption is not right, they need to b confident of the content they carry and i do not think just for few sport events people will disconnect the pay tv connection.

Intention of the government is that each individual should be able to see important matches / sporting events. Even in UK such kind of sharing is mandatory for key sporting events.

Even if suppose FTA / Pay TV rights r sold separately then too what difference will it make? Still private broadcasters will face the same situation where people can watch matches for free. I read in some article that in UK such kind of agreements happen for some sports events and both FTA and Pay TV telecast is carried by DTH operators apart from FTA channel being available thru terrestrial mode.
This is meant for DD to profit anyway. As the national importance content is available on it's own terrestrial and DD FreeDish platform. Along with getting 25% ad revenue with no investment of their own.

I don't get why should a non DD user has to pay a premium price for "national importance" events. It's just absurd.

This is meant for DD to profit anyway. As the national importance content is available on it's own terrestrial and DD FreeDish platform. Along with getting 25% ad revenue with no investment of their own.

I don't get why should a non DD user has to pay a premium price for "national importance" events. It's just absurd.
BCCI should give TV rights to DD directly, so they can earn 100% ad revenue.

But then same ways private sports broadcaster is earning 75% of the revenue from match broadcast on terrestrial and DD Free Dish which otherwise would have been 0 if there was blackout of matches on these platforms.

But then same ways private sports broadcaster is earning 75% of the revenue from match broadcast on terrestrial and DD Free Dish which otherwise would have been 0 if there was blackout of matches on these platforms.
They are forced into getting 75% of the revenue. Where they could be had opportunity to earn 100% profit by attracting people into pay platforms.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock