FAQ's about dish tru hd+

Biswajit.HD

Contributor
Reaction score
What is Dish TruHD+?
Dish truHD+ is the HD Recorder service offered by DISHTV, the No. 1 DTH player in India. It offers the best of hi-definition television entertainment along with advanced recorder capabilities.

How does recording on Dish truHD+ work?
Traditional DVRs/Recorders come with an in-built hard drive to store the recorded content. For the first time in India, Dish truHD+ comes with unique and innovative built-in recorder software. To enjoy recording you will simply need to plug in a USB storage device e.g. USB HDD or Pen Drive in the USB port located at the back panel of the Dish truHD+ STB.

What is a USB storage device?
A USB storage device is a data storage device that consists of flash memory with an integrated Universal Serial Bus (USB) interface e.g USB HDD or Pen Drive. USB flash drives are typically removable and rewritable.

How do I set-up a new USB storage device?

To set up USB storage device please do the following-

Plug in the USB storage device located at the back panel of the Dish truHD+ STB

Power OFF-ON the box from the main switch
Dish truHD+ would ask you to format the device, press OK to format
Press the record button on the remote and get ready to experience the recorder

Which type of USB storage devices does Dish truHD+ support?
Dish truHD+ supports all USB 2.0 standard mass storage devices

What is the smallest size of USB storage device that the Box supports?

To access recording functionality minimum of 1GB USB storage device should be inserted in the Dish truHD+
To access both recording as well as Time Shift functionality, STB requires minimum of 2GB USB storage device should be inserted in the Dish tru HD + box

Where do I insert the USB storage device?
You can insert the USB device in the USB slot located at the back of Dish truHD+ set top box.

Will existing data on the USB device be deleted upon insertion in the USB slot of Dish truHD+?
Yes, Dish truHD+ would ask you to format the device and after the format it will delete all existing data on your external USB device. We therefore recommend dedicating an external USB device for recording on Dish truHD+

I already have a Dish truHD, how can I upgrade to Dish truHD+?
If you already have a Dish truHD box, it will automatically be upgraded to Dish truHD+ software at no extra cost, however you will need to order Dish truHD+ remote worth Rs. 300.
To upgrade to Dish truHD+ you will simply need to SMS DISHTV 105 to 57575 from your registered mobile number and we will call you back promptly to explain the process for ordering a Dish truHD+ Remote worth Rs. 300
In case your mobile number is not registered with Dishtv and you want to register, simply SMS: DISHTV RMN <your 11digit VC No.> to 57575

Are there any charges to activate recording facility?
Currently, Dishtv is providing all existing and new HD subscribers FREE Recording facility. However, existing HD subscribers need to order a Dish truHD+ Remote worth Rs. 300

How can I order Dish truHD+ Remote?
You can order Dish truHD+ remote by simply sending an SMS –
SMS DISHTV 105 to 57575 from your registered mobile number or CALL Dishtv customer care at :
1860-180-3474 (Only MTNL/BSNL lines), 60013474 (Only Non MTNL/BSNL lines) (Prefix 011 for North, 022 for west, 033 for East & 044 for South), 0120-2550000 (All lines) to order order a Dish truHD+ Remote worth Rs. 300
Rs. 300 will be debited in your Dishtv account and while placing the order it will be mandatory to have at least Rs. 500 in your Dishtv account so that you can enjoy uninterrupted entertainment.

Source : Dish tru hd+ website

My dish hd stb got software updated.now it is having recording facility.
my question is, whether can i star recording by inserting a pendrive ?[ after purchasing a new remote]

To access recording functionality minimum of 1GB USB storage device should be inserted in the Dish truHD+
To access both recording as well as Time Shift functionality, STB requires minimum of 2GB USB storage device should be inserted in the Dish tru HD + box

Whether can we start now ?

can we record as well as watch other programmes ?

I think since there is only a single tuner thus u can only watch the program u're recording

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock