Frequent 301 error on every channels -- even on good weather condition

If you remove the cable from the connector in the box and then connect again, does the signal appear briefly? if that is the case please reply and I might have a solution.
Yes thats the case with me too, i get no signals sometimes and then i switch off my stb from the main(without switching off from remote) and turn on again and i start getting signals. Why is that?

Do it at your own RISK - I am not responsible for any loss or damage to your device. You must have soldering iron, soldering wire, little bit knowledge about electric circuits, semiconductors, electronics, soldering experience will also help. Do not blame me if anything goes wrong.

In your STB, there is supposed to be a very tiny capacitor near/between the two input pins for the signals. When occassionally attaching/reattaching the cable or moving the box here and there for dusting/cleaning of the surface(of the table on which the STB us placed on), that tiny capacitor either loses its contacts or get torn off.

I was facing the same problem (intermittent signal loss on set top box on/off) , and after openning the box and checking all components close to the input, i figured out that there was no capacitor on the solder marks near the signal input. (there were solder marks for C101 but it appeared that something was removed or something got torn off from there ( see 4) ... from those two marks. Also the space was really very tiny to solder a component there..)

So i desoldered a capacitor from a chassis of an old laptop that i had lying around and soldered it in. I first checked where the C101 contacts led to and foudn out that they form a capacitance between the input and help detection of the signal. One terminal leads to the shell/body and the other leads to the internal pin for the RG7/RG6 input connector.

How I did it?
I also tested my theory by soldering a small thin strands of wire to both sides of the capacitor (see 3) (that I desoldered from the laptop chassis) and soldering one end of the capacitor to the internal pin (see 2) and then turning on the set top box, going to menu > Stb info > clicking on red button on remote > finding the signal would come and then disappear and then attaching the other wire (that was soldered to the other end of the capacitor) to the body/shell (see 1) to see if that is causing the problem or not)

Note: Capacitors are usually light brown colored. Resistors are usually black colored. Also note that the capacitory to be used should be the one which is without any polarity. I think the one with polarity will NOT work. (Use one from an old chassis of some broken laptop or out of order monitor).

and problem solved.

I used a capacitor that was much larger because it was nearly impossible for me to solder it back to the original place if i found the right size.

Here is the picture

otuBkbp.jpg

Do it at your own RISK - I am not responsible for any loss or damage to your device.

IMPORTANT NOTE
If the cause of the problem is:
1. Faulty input pin
2. faulty cable
3. Faulty card
4. Bad Dish Alignment
5. Faulty lnb
6. Otherwise damaged box

then this will NOT solve your problem!

I have Arion Box Model AF-8012H.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock