Article FYI TV18 and FYI TV18 HD to shutdown on 8th July

Status
Not open for further replies.
bad news really, can't help it though.

Oh noooo.. it was one my favourite channel. I really loved cake making and house decoration.. what are they doing? I mostly like english channels. I also watch history TV18 and Sony bbc Earth. Very sad. They're shutting down my favourite channels one by one. That's why I hated Trai rules.

And what is Rishtey Cineplex? There are two channels Colors Cineplex which is 3 Rs and Colors Rishtey, 1 Rs maybe.

Fyitv18 shut down. Other place viacom18 testing a lifestyle channel.

First Nat Geo People & now FYI TV 18 🙁.
Next what? Fox Life?

I don't care about TLC. I wouldn't mind if that shut downs. Entire day they air nothing but shows about Cakes - Cake Boss, Fabulous Cakes, Vegas Cakes, Extreme Cake Makers, Kids Baking Championship, etc. I mean who watches so much cakes? The only shows I like on TLC are Food Paradise & Man v. Food, which they air only once a day. But those cake shows they air twice or thrice a day.

FYI TV18 had promise and popularity. Too bad it is not going to be around for longer. It was the leader in its segment. At least we can partly blame A&E’s ownership by Disney for the shutdown.

As mentioned Sun Direct was the only DTH to have the HD version.

Currently only TLC and Travelxp seem to be popular in the lifestyle genre. NDTV Good Times is doubtful. There have been rumours of Fox Life being pulled off but I do not believe them since Star has kept the channel running since 2003 when it was launched as The History Channel. So Fox Life at least will not shut down in my view.

Last edited:
Lifestyle and travel genre is under threat from Covid-19 pandemic and viewership attitudes in India.

Long live sh#tty desi soaps and pseudo-reality shows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock