Article FYI TV18 and FYI TV18 HD to shutdown on 8th July

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI has exited many international markets too and here anyways it was bound to happen bcoz Disney would have parted ways with viacom18 sooner or later. We r unnecessarily worrying, either these content will b available on some star network channel or syndicated to other ch. Also i still believe Viacom18-Sony-Discovery-Turner partnership is in making as far as India is concerned and each will operate chs in its stronghold. Who knows few months down how TV landscape changes for better, TRAI rules already done lot good for subscribers... Price rationalization,,good content and freedom to chose r welcome steps

AXN might not b back but its programs will come on other chs... There is possibility of few other chs launching thru alliance route

Fyitv18 shut down. Other place viacom18 testing a lifestyle channel.
BEtter than TLC, History, fox life, and travelxp
As well epic

Very Bad News One Of Best Channel Lifestyle Bttter Thing History

Nowday History Is Very Boring Repeating Old Of Episode OF OMG Very Day I Like Old Shows Dyanamo, Baggage Battles , Not Remind Show Name Magician Help For Revenge Once Again Telecast Viacom 18 New Channel

Nowday History Is Very Boring Repeating Old Of Episode OF OMG Very Day I Like Old Shows Dyanamo, Baggage Battles , Not Remind Show Name Magician Help For Revenge Once Again Telecast Viacom 18 New Channel
yeah.. History Channel has become really boring. I used to love this channel.

First Nat Geo People & now FYI TV 18 🙁.
Next what? Fox Life?

I don't care about TLC. I wouldn't mind if that shut downs. Entire day they air nothing but shows about Cakes - Cake Boss, Fabulous Cakes, Vegas Cakes, Extreme Cake Makers, Kids Baking Championship, etc. I mean who watches so much cakes? The only shows I like on TLC are Food Paradise & Man v. Food, which they air only once a day. But those cake shows they air twice or thrice a day.
Unfortunately, non English speaking audience loves these Cake shows. I miss old TLC with Hotel Hell, Lonely Planet, Wild Weddings and Man vs Food.
History channel was entertaining in its 1st and 2nd Avatar i.e. before TV18 venture
History Channel has weird airing pattern. They leave out random episodes of series. And take years bringing new episodes. They took over 4 years to bring new episodes of Storage Wars.

Unfortunately, non English speaking audience loves these Cake shows. I miss old TLC with Hotel Hell, Lonely Planet, Wild Weddings and Man vs Food.

History Channel has weird airing pattern. They leave out random episodes of series. And take years bringing new episodes. They took over 4 years to bring new episodes of Storage Wars.

Yes, there is a big audience for food shows. I too miss all the gr8 travel shows, previously atleast HD feed aired it... Also nat geo, discovery should hv continued asian HD feed. About History TV18 leaving out episodes, been like this since beginning.. Even shared feedback but corrective measures not taken

FYI TV18 had promise and popularity. Too bad it is not going to be around for longer. It was the leader in its segment. At least we can partly blame A&E’s ownership by Disney for the shutdown.

As mentioned Sun Direct was the only DTH to have the HD version.

Currently only TLC and Travelxp seem to be popular in the lifestyle genre. NDTV Good Times is doubtful. There have been rumours of Fox Life being pulled off but I do not believe them since Star has kept the channel running since 2003 when it was launched as The History Channel. So Fox Life at least will not shut down in my view.
Can't blame Disney now. Because History TV 18 still not going to shut down. So the deal exists. But the deal can break any time soon.
Fox Life- I expected the shutdown or rebranding of Fox life from very earlier. Because Disney is terminating all 'Fox' branding slowly from its assets. But the whole Star Network is in a retarded state now in it's activities.
And my fear is that Broadcasters are shutting down channels irrespective of viewership (FYI TV 18 is no:1 in the genre). So we can expect the unexpected channels in the future shutdown list.

Last edited:
bad move... all gud chnls are shutting down one by one :dodgy2:

Will the license remain with TV18.? And can they sell the channel license to viacom18 after FYI closes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock