General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,767
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,353
Hi.Iam sundirect user since 8 yrs but i want to try airtel fiber and took airtel black plan with dth. Iam no at all satisfied with the starsports hd 1 clarity in airtel compared to sundirect HD.I have tried changing all settings but not satisfied,iam using airtel xtreme latest box.Can anyone clarify is the channel clarity is same or is there any issue with the box, iam getting signal quality of 78% during installation.
Sun Direct has better HD quality as they use HEVC technology for compression and it's very efficient. Airtel is also great for HD as they compress lower than the other DPOs, however they are restricted by the technology used. That's why you feel the difference compared to Sun Direct HD. Audio quality is superior on Airtel HD though.

Sun Direct has better HD quality as they use HEVC technology for compression and it's very efficient. Airtel is also great for HD as they compress lower than the other DPOs, however they are restricted by the technology used. That's why you feel the difference compared to Sun Direct HD. Audio quality is superior on Airtel HD though.
Yeah, I don't know about other channels but wrt Sports HD channels, Sun Direct is the best wrt picture quality. Star Sports HD channels also not much. But have personally experienced a significant difference in Sony Sports HD channels. Think Airtel is also using HEVC technology only. But don't know the reason. @chandu1192, still you can check if HDR is turned off in Xstream STB. Many say HDR is not stable. Also observe other channels. If the quality is less on all, might be the problem is with STB.

Last edited:
Yes it's automatically getting redirected to 281 for me.
I m facing Volume issue on Star Sports 1 Hindi HD. For about 2 minutes there was no volume. Every other channels were working fine.
Yes.. Yesterday (Saturday) some problem with Star Sports 1 Hindi HD on Airtel DTH. At the same time there were multiple audio running. I am able to hear Gujrati, Hindi and English commentary at the same time. I switched off the STB but nothing happened. But after the first over they rectified it.

Audio i feel much better in airtel as sundirect has max biteate of 192kbps instead of 384kbps

Yeah, I don't know about other channels but wrt Sports HD channels, Sun Direct is the best wrt picture quality. Star Sports HD channels also not much. But have personally experienced a significant difference in Sony Sports HD channels. Think Airtel is also using HEVC technology only. But don't know the reason. @chandu1192, still you can check if HDR is turned off in Xstream STB. Many say HDR is not stable. Also observe other channels. If the quality is less on all, might be the problem is with STB.
I have turned of hdr and tried changing brightness saturation contrast and sharpness But sharpness always come to zero once u go back

Airtel & Tata Play Have HEVC Codec Supporting Boxes But Still Transmitting Channels Through Mpeg-4 Only,,

Only Sun Transmitting Channels Through HEVC Codec That Too Only For HD Channels

i liked initial IPL matches with HDR ON.. yesterday RCB match video was dull not sure why on ADTH xstream box.

Back
Top Bottom