General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,736
  • Views Views: Views 4,007,864
So adtv not find their lakshya ( target) hence Today not added

Let's wait for tonight buddy, just hope that some other channels also get added however do not expect Viacom18 HD channels addition as same will only happen after LCN Realignment / Change in LCN order for channels of different broadcaster as right now adding these channels in empty slot adjacent to its SD feed might violate ongoing slab agreement as signed for in ongoing RIO agreement with various broadcasters or else to be compliant and add these channels it would require changes in LCN placement of many Viacom18 channels which would mean placing MTV, MTV Beats towards bottom LCN slots which again broadcaster won't agree to

Let's wait for tonight buddy, just hope that some other channels also get added however do not expect Viacom18 HD channels addition as same will only happen after LCN Realignment / Change in LCN order for channels of different broadcaster as right now adding these channels in empty slot adjacent to its SD feed might violate ongoing slab agreement as signed for in ongoing RIO agreement with various broadcasters or else to be compliant and add these channels it would require changes in LCN placement of many Viacom18 channels which would mean placing MTV, MTV Beats towards bottom LCN slots which again broadcaster won't agree to
Let's see adtv do something for dd channels hd or not as tata ran away with dd hd's
If not wrong adtv was 1st give dd sports hd feed as a test later remove feed don't know now why stop adtv to re start feed of dd sports hd

Let's see adtv do something for dd channels hd or not as tata ran away with dd hd's
If not wrong adtv was 1st give dd sports hd feed as a test later remove feed don't know now why stop adtv to re start feed of dd sports hd

That would have happened as on C band such temporary replacement happens sometimes ....Tata Play has got lot of free bandwidth courtesy GSat 24 so it can add all the channels it wants so buddy don't compare same with Airtel Digital TV

Last edited:
That would have happened as on C band such temporary replacement would have happened....Tata Play has got lot of free bandwidth courtesy GSat 24 so it can add all the channels it wants so buddy don't compare same with Airtel Digital TV
Huge amount of bandwidth available on ses9 Indian beam, airtel should bring it phase wise and add channels constantly. 😉

That would have happened as on C band such temporary replacement would have happened....Tata Play has got lot of free bandwidth courtesy GSat 24 so it can add all the channels it wants so buddy don't compare same with Airtel Digital TV

If Airtel Ready To Pay They Can Get Same Capacity As Tata Play Infact Even More

But Airtel Is Not Ready To Invest,

SES-9 Got 360% More Transponders Than Gsat-24, With SES-9,

Huge amount of bandwidth available on ses9 Indian beam, airtel should bring it phase wise and add channels constantly. 😉

They add new transponders when required, right now they r having adequate free bandwidth for adding Important Pay as well as FTA channels . Not only through transponders but by employing advanced encoders bandwidth optimization is done on regular intervals as needed. Additional of channels gets delayed due to carriage fee disagreement , demand for channels being less or due to other reasons like empty LCN being unavailable / addition on said LCN violating Slab Agreements of some other broadcaster as agreed upon in RIO etc......
SES 9 has lot many transponders but not all r having India Beam hence if Airtel wants to add transponder they would have to request satellite company to readjust the beam or await for new satellite to launch on this or nearby orbit

Tata Play scenario is completely different as via GSat 24 they have more free bandwidth than even needed so they can all possible channels available in India without worrying....when they face bandwidth issue they will start dropping less important channels

If Airtel Ready To Pay They Can Get Same Capacity As Tata Play Infact Even More

But Airtel Is Not Ready To Invest,

SES-9 Got 360% More Transponders Than Gsat-24, With SES-9,

Yes, only few have beam coverage over Indian Subcontinent hence it is wrong to say that Airtel can acquire many transponders, they would have request SES to realign beam for Airtel Digital TV to be able to use it for enhancing channel offerings

Yes, only few have beam coverage over Indian Subcontinent hence it is wrong to say that Airtel can acquire many transponders, they would have request SES to realign beam for Airtel Digital TV to be able to use it for enhancing channel offerings

For God Sake Stop Giving Your Assumptions First

About This I Had Discussed With NSIL Team Person Itself,

SES-9 Can Shift Tps From One Beam To Another

In This Beam They Can Provide 27 TPs

Totally It Has 81 * 36 Mhz Transponders

But He Denied Giving Information About Which DTHs Have Requested Any TPs Due To NDA Agreement

For God Sake Stop Giving Your Assumptions First

About This I Had Discussed With NSIL Team Person Itself,

SES-9 Can Shift Tps From One Beam To Another

In This Beam They Can Provide 27 TPs

Totally It Has 81 * 36 Mhz Transponders

But He Denied Giving Information About Which DTHs Have Requested Any TPs Due To NDA Agreement

Which is exactly what i said anna that as and when Airtel Digital TV team needs transponders they shall approach SES for the same but they won't push for acquiring transponders unless there is urgent requirement as realigning beam is done only when there is immediate requirement....when launching a satellite companies do hold discussions with operators to know their requirements henceforth finalising technicalities so if on a satellite more transponders have beams assigned to a different location it means there was more demand for it there.

Already Airtel is also utilizing around 16 transponders from SES 7 and around 10 transponders from SES 9... 1 or 2 transponders r in testing mode....they do not require more bandwidth right now as on old transponders too space is available with advanced encoders deployed.

Also satellite companies always keep many transponders vacant or as back up to provide to its clients / operators incase of technical glitch or issues happening on transponders in use

I am not a noob as far as having information on these things is concerned hence please don't always term my comments as assumptions except when i mention the same myself as i do so when unsure about something i state

Which is exactly what i said anna that as and when Airtel Digital TV team needs transponders they shall approach SES for the same but they won't push for acquiring transponders unless there is urgent requirement as realigning beam is done only when there is immediate requirement....when launching a satellite companies do hold discussions with operators to know their requirements henceforth finalising technicalities so if on a satellite more transponders have beams assigned to a different location it means there was more demand for it there.

Already Airtel is also utilizing around 16 transponders from SES 7 and around 10 transponders from SES 9... 1 or 2 transponders r in testing mode....they do not require more bandwidth right now as on old transponders too space is available with advanced encoders deployed.

Also satellite companies always keep many transponders vacant or as back up to provide to its clients / operators incase of technical glitch or issues happening on transponders in use

I am not a noob as far as having information on these things is concerned hence please don't always term my comments as assumptions except when i mention the same myself as i do so when unsure about something i state

Nobody Said Your A Noob But

Ok Airtel Have 12 TPs From SES-7 And 9 From SES-9 Now,

Total - 21,

Now All Airtel Users Question Is Why Can't Airtel Invest And Buy Transponders,,

Please Answer In 2 Lines Maximum 🙏 😢

Back
Top Bottom