General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,736
  • Views Views: Views 4,007,864
But how long can they stop providing the broadcaster bouquets? Isn't it against the NTO rules? Or they are hiding it just from the app and the bouquets are still available on demand via other channels like customer care? Anyways, this is ridiculous.
I think it's the latter. They are just making it difficult to subscribe to the broadcaster bouquets. If you see, we can still access them from the old UI through the workaround available. One can also use the TRAI channel selector website to subscribe. They can't entirely stop providing them according to the TRAI rules. They are only making it difficult for the subscribers who were probably exploiting the loophole to workaround 30 day lock in for al-a-carte. Anyway, for a normal non techy savvy user, it shouldn't matter much as they would probably be subscribing to one of the Language packs.

I think it's the latter. They are just making it difficult to subscribe to the broadcaster bouquets. If you see, we can still access them from the old UI through the workaround available. One can also use the TRAI channel selector website to subscribe. They can't entirely stop providing them according to the TRAI rules. They are only making it difficult for the subscribers who were probably exploiting the loophole to workaround 30 day lock in for al-a-carte. Anyway, for a normal non techy savvy user, it shouldn't matter much as they would probably be subscribing to one of the Language packs.

Broadcaster Bouquets r unavailable for me and many other members in the Old User Interface too, for others it may soon be removed just like it is not accessible in New UI.

almost 90% people subscribe to DPO Bouquets (as per data published in earlier media articles) hence it won't really be of much inconvenience if Airtel Digital TV has disabled broadcaster bouquets or come up with 30 day Lock In policy for A La Carte channels.....having said that i am not happy and feel both these decisions need to be reverted back to as it stood earlier .

By simpyfying packs Airtel means they have created curated various DPO bouquets for each region / language thus providing options to customers to opt for Pack which suits their requirements

As per airtel digital tv tamil advertisement, they simlified the package selection. They going to give only 4 packs for selection.
I saw the ad too. I think by "only 4 pack, easy choice", they mean only DPO packs. They can impose difficultly, but I think they can't do away with broadcaster bouquets.

I saw the ad too. I think by "only 4 pack, easy choice", they mean only DPO packs. They can impose difficultly, but I think they can't do away with broadcaster bouquets.
If we select a dpo packs its almost cover all broadcaster's basic packs. Again if we select broadcaster's pack, some channels going to duplicate selection. Thats only airtel did this.

If we select a dpo packs its almost cover all broadcaster's basic packs. Again if we select broadcaster's pack, some channels going to duplicate selection. Thats only airtel did this.

This cannot be the reason bhai...what if one wants to opt for "Make Your Own Pack" option and not opt for DPO bouquet or if i want to mix match both DPO + Broadcaster Bouquets (avoiding duplication as in some basic + mid range DPO Bouquets certain broadcaster bouquets are not included) .. ...there is separate debate that by adding going for "MYOP" option or even adding broadcaster bouquets alongside DPO bouquets we may not get as much discount in broadcaster bouquet + NCF charges as is applicable by adding a DPO Bouquet which includes all required broadcasters bouquets (channels)

I think they want to work just like pre NTO where we are given a few DPO packs from which we choose based on requirement. That's why they are advertising like "only 4 pack, easy choice" and not like "choose what you want to watch" like Tata Play. In Tata Play store, while explaining the features they explicitly talk about ₹1/ match kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom