Discussion General Discussion about Airtel XStream Box 3.0 - Android 10

Of late I am getting frequent SMSes to my Airtel number offering Xstream Box 4K @1500/- only. I checked their website and the same offer is also there.

Is it worth buying?

From online purchase, you might get the old box and it's better not to buy the new box now because as stated by many users this box has issues so unless large number of users use this and report it,they won't fix the issue and this will take time because they are trying to clear the old stock first and probably that's why they are giving at ₹1500 only

I have always said that both brands and customers should never go after providing/buying things at cheapest price as most often it is accompanied with other issues which spoils the whole experience.

When this new flextronics xstream box launched, i had stated clearly that it will not be at par with the earlier Technicolor manufactured model of XStream box and now u all can see it for urself.

Airtel Digital TV should have continued their partnership with Technicolor for XStream boxes and kept price point at Rs. 2499 or launch some other offers which gave box at discounted price with long term packs/recharge or made available boxes at lower price for old customers who regularly recharge their account.... Some kind of customised offer for different customers can b brought depending on how long they have been a customer , their recharge patterns, pack value etc. But lowering the price and bringing in new model boxes from flextronics does not seem to b the apt decision. Quality needs to b given utmost importance at each point, more so as XStream boxes have gained lot more popularity than similar rival DTH company products so it becomes even more important to maintain the standard of the product

I also got Xtreme Android 10 box one month back in Lucknow.
Last month i migrated from Tata Sky to Airtel box and got the new Grey box.
vIXpwQf.jpg

So The 1st Biggest Drawback Is

Dolby Digital Audio Is Not Working On OTT Apps,,,,,
Not even Netflix ?, it was the same issue with the previous version of hardware also, initially Dolby was not working app like prime video, around 7 months back only Dolby started working, but Netflix was working from day one.

Not even Netflix ?, it was the same issue with the previous version of hardware also, initially Dolby was not working app like prime video, around 7 months back only Dolby started working, but Netflix was working from day one.

No Bro!

Not Even On Netflix But On Few Movies There Was Dolby Audio

Regarding Non-Availability Of Dolby Digital Audio On OTT Apps

The Same Tech Guys (From Delhi) Sent Engineer Yesterday,

To Do The Same Trouble Shoots Which I Had Done Last Week But No Luck,

And They Said, Dolby Works For Them In Same Box

Shall I Try Factory Reset Once??

Because After I Bought The Box There Was A Major Software Update,

@Siva
It is always preferred to do factory reset after upgrade, in my experience it resolve some issues, previously. So try it.

No Bro!

Not Even On Netflix But On Few Movies There Was Dolby Audio
Now i can asses, previous box vertion 2 all ways upscale pcm also to Dolby, now the new box working properly like Aitel internet box hadware version 1, which is industry standard behaviour.

For example if chanel is PCM , your reciver will dynamically change to PCM , if channel support Dolby Atmos your av reciver will change to Dolby atmos.

Reciver and STB auto negotiate. This is good development, i reported this in vertion 2 hardware .
RGAwTRz.jpg
Ecn3oJl.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock