DDF Exclusive General Discussion, News, Updates And Comparison Of Various DTH Brands

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 489
  • Views: Views 59,217
@ajith100 I don't knw bro. If its get added then happy news for South customers...

Hi friends, I have one doubt
How many years will take time for 4k Channels & Content,
Just tell me your opinion's guys
(Every company Launched 4k TV's but Content & channels not available)
I know Netflix have 4k content,
I'm talking about regional languages 4k Content or channels,

Anybody have data about active DTH customers in Karnataka?
Which dth have high and low customers in Karnataka.

In current NTO era, many operators have signed RIO for various bouquet with broadcasters but not giving all channels part of it. Airtel provides Colors Wala Value Plus HD pack but does not have MTV HD, MTV Beats HD, Vh1 HD and instead offers their SD feed in this bouquet maybe thru some understanding with indiacast citing bandwidth issue. Similar issue for Family HD pack of zee where Zee Zest HD unavailable but SD feed part of it. In d2h , tata sky, dish tv too similar issue is there

Do not know how broadcasters r okay with HD channels being unavailable despite RIO being signed. Pre NTO operators paid in advance to broadcasters and all channels part of RIO bouquet were made available though there were other issues then too but now channels part of bouquet unavailable. I understand that operators r free to skip channels but then some other way should b worked out. This way both viewers, broadcasters losing out

In current NTO era, many operators have signed RIO for various bouquet with broadcasters but not giving all channels part of it. Airtel provides Colors Wala Value Plus HD pack but does not have MTV HD, MTV Beats HD, Vh1 HD and instead offers their SD feed in this bouquet maybe thru some understanding with indiacast citing bandwidth issue. Similar issue for Family HD pack of zee where Zee Zest HD unavailable but SD feed part of it. In d2h , tata sky, dish tv too similar issue is there

Do not know how broadcasters r okay with HD channels being unavailable despite RIO being signed. Pre NTO operators paid in advance to broadcasters and all channels part of RIO bouquet were made available though there were other issues then too but now channels part of bouquet unavailable. I understand that operators r free to skip channels but then some other way should b worked out. This way both viewers, broadcasters losing out

So taking this forward i wrote to star network mentioning that although Baby TV HD is part of bouquet for which airtel has signed RIO with star/disney but this channel neither listed on airtel website nor available on LCN. They gave a standard reply earlier that all bouquet /channels available to all operators and they can choose to select as per their wish. I had to again clearly explain that issue is different, ultimately they said that if channel is missing on tv and listed on website then write to TRAI. This means they again did not understand what i was stating and i sent a reply again... Let's see what they respond now

But seriously how is this happening that operator has signed RIO for concerned bouquet but not offering all its channels, incase of Viacom18 HD Bouquet too airtel providing SD of 3 missing HD channels. Is this allowed by TRAI. @Vadirocks anna can u plz escalate this issue to airtel content team as i feel writing to TRAI should b last option bcoz it can unnecessarily bring operator name in wrongbook of TRAI , quite sure some senior person in airtel will give apt explanation for this. They have made makeshift arrangements in Viacom18 HD Bouquet, it means broadcaster has not objected maybe bcoz there is some genuine bandwidth issue or other reason. Anna please get some info about LCN rearrangements in airtel too

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock