DDF Exclusive General Discussion, News, Updates And Comparison Of Various DTH Brands

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 508
  • Views: Views 61,152
You don't have to agree. I have numerous examples of anti consumer practices followed by Airtel as a DTH company including stifling the consumer choice. Please note that I care very least about channel addition.

1. 30 day lock in period on al-a-carte.
2. Absolutely ridiculous app which closes by itself every 30 seconds on iOS.
3. No broadcaster bouquets to choose from on the app (Stifling consumer choice)
4. Charges on recharging inactive accounts (I understand you are following up, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a flaw).
5. No discounts whatsoever on anything useful (Compared to the offers provided by TP)

The list goes on.

If I was using my DTH actively, I would have moved to Tata Play. But I don't use it as much which is why I'm not taking such drastic steps. But anyone who is actively using DTH should look elsewhere till Airtel mends their ways. Subscriber base doesn't mean anything if majority of them don't even know that their pockets are being conveniently emptied. Those who have good knowledge on DTH industry would certainly make their move!

Only thing that Airtel has on their favor is their HD channel video and audio quality. But all the other negatives they have, overshadows this positive a little too much that I can't even mention it confidently.

Let's agree to disagree and move on!

Anna talking about unethical or wrong practices i have had few such cases with Tata Play too so basically it depends on area service teams and people u interact with at customer desk who may sometimes be of great help while other times experience might be bad

Coming to policies
- i agree 30 day lock in on A La Carte channels and not providing most customers (as per views shared) option to opt for broadcaster bouquets to most customers via Airtel App or other modes is not at all a good thing but as we know 90 to 95 % people opt for DPO Bouquets hence unlikely that this would have caused any major outrage....this clearly is a step to increase ARPU and i do not like the same
- Again i agree they need to stop charging for Temporary Suspension / Safe Custody service and Late Fee on recharging post account suspension

- About experience while using airtel app, yes it has drawbacks but improvements have been made in last few years , hopefully things will further be made better....also have not faced any hanging or app automatically closing down on my android phone

I have already shared these points alongwith many other things via feedback with their senior team back in 2022-23...i am certain they shall look into it and evaluate steps which can be taken to enhance customer satisfaction by improving upon their service offering

I do not agree with ur last point as Airtel Digital TV does offer various discounts/ offers on channel packs, new connection offers, retention offers, service charges etc. .....i have already explained this with examples earlier on in various threads so won't repeat the same.

If Airtel Mobile, Broadband, DTH business is showing good growth despite all the challenges being faced in fast evolving industry landscape then certainly one can say that customers r generally happy with the services being provided, customers very well know when an operator over charges or implements policies which are not customer friendly and in such situations switches to the other best option available so don't think that people r unaware or do not know about things.

I for one can vouch for the fact that yes Airtel Digital TV might be having some shortcomings but overall their quality of service and product offerings r extremely good and at par or better than Tata Play on various fronts

better if they improve SD channels PQ
Some of Their Competitors SD Channels have Compressed ( specifically in South Channels)
other then that SD Picture Quality is also good. They have Very good pq in SD Channels of ROI and Hindi Channels.
I Can say Sun Direct SD Pq >> Tata Play SD PQ

Instead of Happiness Tata & Airtel users after addition of channels.

Tata Users When will be "Gemini Music HD" going to add.
Airtel Users When will be "MTV Beats HD, MTV HD, VH1 HD and Travel XP HD" going to add.

Instead of Happiness Tata & Airtel users after addition of channels.

Tata Users When will be "Gemini Music HD" going to add.
Airtel Users When will be "MTV Beats HD, MTV HD, VH1 HD and Travel XP HD" going to add.
Meanwhile Dish D2H users are crying in the corner.

Meanwhile Dish D2H users are crying in the corner.
Only d2h users may be few weak members will cry,
DishTV already have Travelxp HD, Disney HD, MTV Beats HD etc...

ST2 satellite users only want some important channels that's it,

will never cry that too...for channels addition,
After dishd2h merger from that day to till now waiting for channels addition,

Still confidence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock