DDF Exclusive General Discussion, News, Updates And Comparison Of Various DTH Brands

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 508
  • Views: Views 61,154
Even airtel provides free HD / XStream box with advance recharge offers / schemes...also they provide free OTT app access, Airtel XStream Play subscription with various plans (mobile, dth,,broadband, airtel black)....also zero NCF is charged on most DTH plans for airtel black customers....
I want to buy Airtel HD/Xtreme Box at Free of cost just like I purchased Tata Play with 3000/- recharge. How can I buy?????
Already said if u consider overall pricing / discounts in regular or suspension offers for packs or new connection offers then it is at par with Tata Play interms of affordability.
Gtsuvty.jpg

Also Airtel XStream Box costs just Rs. 1500 and has great product quality and even provided with free with certain schemes to its mobile, dth, broadband, airtel black customers
*Conditions Applied (be a Airtel black customer).

Tata Play doesn't provide Telecom services just like Airtel so you CANNOT EVEN COMPARE THIS.

But if you think so then bro Jio provide free STB with its broadband (at advance cost) and has more channels than in Airtel DTH.

Last edited:
I want to buy Airtel HD/Xtreme Box at Free of cost just like I purchased Tata Play with 3000/- recharge. How can I buy?????

Gtsuvty.jpg

*Conditions Applied (be a Airtel black customer).

Tata Play doesn't provide Telecom services just like Airtel so you CANNOT EVEN COMPARE THIS.

But if you think so then bro Jio provide free STB with its broadband (at advance cost) and has more channels than in Airtel DTH.

Call customer care and check for offers applicable to ur account or just tweet Airtel Presence team and they shall share required details on the same.

Tata Play too provides broadband services however they r mostly focusing to reach out to premium subscribers via same. Jio is providing Free STB with its broadband connection advance rental packs and so is Airtel, u may get more channels via Jio TV+ but just check for urself as yesterday itself article came out which ranked Airtel XStream Fiber broadband to be better than Jio Fiber on 4 parameters out of 5 including speed provided....rest is ur choice whichever option u want to opt for

Thank you for clear answer. It means you are intentionally driving threads off topic knowing very well that an entire separate comparisons section is already there. You were informed of the same thing not once, not twice but numerous times.

Then why post here? The answer is simple, to get more attention of Tata Play users towards you ADTV favouring posts with aim of instigating people, which won't work that well in comparison section.

Incorrect. Talking about instigating well i many members have tried many times to reply with unwarranted allegations / comments aganst me rather than providing valid arguments on topic being discussed and i have always tried to not get involved in such unnecessary discussions as i believe in constructive exchange of comments which add value to what is being discussed.

My intention was simple which i conveyed in the post u had quoted so as to draw attention towards how Airtel is always portrayed in negative manner by certain members though there is absolute silence when Tata Play takes similar decisions.

I never post anything to drive attention towards my posts but my sole objective is to highlight facts be it in any thread wherein things related to that topic r being discussed

Last edited:
It's available for limited market. It's not available for my city.

If NCF is free on black plans which caters to high paying users and OTT is not complimentary provided on all plans. How are they affordable which you stated couple of post ago?

Xstream box r available across India barring maybe few far off rural areas.

Airtel Black plans cater to all segment of users be it regular or premium....Please check the plans buddy
OTT is complimentary with all plans and infact i have opted for Rs. 699 airtel black plan and Airtel has been extending complimentary access to XStream Play Premium Subscription and Disney+Hostar since last 15 to 18 months

It's about affordability by masses...just because you are using airtel black plans does not mean everyone will use the same! Most of the middle class customers like me are recharging ₹250-300 per month and jingalala offers are reducing the price further make it affordable for everyone with no string attached! Don't need to be airtel black customer nor need to recharge with high amount nor need to special customer like you nor need to fight with airtel over twitter! Offers are available for all users! Airtel can never match jingalala offers!

Regarding new connection they are offering free box ( both binge+ and hd box) after paying certain amount for new connection, I don't think airtel provide similar offering..you said call customer care and check for offers for your account but that statement is not valid if you don't have any relationship with airtel or simply say if you are a new customer! So in terms of acquisition offers also, airtel cant match.

Airtel is not a premium dth or maybe for loyal rich customer like you paying more than ₹600 pm

It's about affordability by masses...just because you are using airtel black plans does not mean everyone will use the same! Most of the middle class customers like me are recharging ₹250-300 per month and jingalala offers are reducing the price further make it affordable for everyone with no string attached! Don't need to be airtel black customer nor need to recharge with high amount nor need to special customer like you nor need to fight with airtel over twitter! Offers are available for all users! Airtel can never match jingalala offers!

Regarding new connection they are offering free box ( both binge+ and hd box) after paying certain amount for new connection, I don't think airtel provide similar offering..you said call customer care and check for offers for your account but that statement is not valid if you don't have any relationship with airtel or simply say if you are a new customer! So in terms of acquisition offers also, airtel cant match.

Airtel is not a premium dth or maybe for loyal rich customer like you paying more than ₹600 pm

Buddy atleast check the information before commenting.... I do not belong to the affluent class but part of middle class segment.

Airtel Black plans offer discounts / benefits for airtel customers which use their various offerings like mobile, broadband, DTH thus offering option to combine those and enjoy savings + complimentary OTT access

Even if one has just an individual airtel mobile / broadband / DTH connection still airtel packs/ plans across these offerings r affordable alongwith providing excellent service quality.

Even for new customers Airtel Digital TV offers great discounts on buying a connection on monthly or advance rental schemes...... Also such offers r not only listed on Airtel App/ websites but for details one can get intouch with their other service channels like dealers, customer care (Call, Social Media, WhatsApp, Mail) which is not a difficult task as u r making it to be

Lastly again "u r creating wrong perception of Airtel being a costly service provider " without even providing any valid proof for the same. Fact is that Airtel provides plans/ services for all segment of customers across its various product offering so for regular customers there r affordable plans while for niche customers they have costly plans which offer more things

My intention was simple which i conveyed in the post u had quoted so as to draw attention towards how Airtel is always portrayed in negative manner by certain members though there is absolute silence when Tata Play takes similar decisions.
Your point is valid. But the important thing you haven't noticed is that the members who make fun of Airtel when they make such decisions is the Airtel users themselves whereas Tata Play users don't do that.

To put it simply, Airtel users are "Frustrated" and Tata Play users are "Loyal".

By the way, just recharged my Airtel account at home town for 200 and paid 23 rupees of inactive connection fee 😢

Xstream box r available across India barring maybe few far off rural areas.
It's not available in my city where most of the broadband providers are available.
Airtel Black plans cater to all segment of users be it regular or premium....Please check the plans buddy
OTT is complimentary with all plans and infact i have opted for Rs. 699 airtel black plan and Airtel has been extending complimentary access to XStream Play Premium Subscription and Disney+Hostar since last 15 to 18 months
At first not everyone can afford black plans. On top of that you got to pay taxes extra where ₹699 becomes ₹824.82. You might be getting extended Disney+ Hotstar subscription. It's not officially provided by them. Since you are on DTH forum. Requirement of users will be television mostly. I agree Black plans are good as long as you are looking forward to entire bundles.

Your point is valid. But the important thing you haven't noticed is that the members who make fun of Airtel when they make such decisions is the Airtel users themselves whereas Tata Play users don't do that.

To put it simply, Airtel users are "Frustrated" and Tata Play users are "Loyal".

By the way, just recharged my Airtel account at home town for 200 and paid 23 rupees of inactive connection fee 😢

Anna i won't agree with ur statement as Airtel Family comprises of millions of subscribers while this forum has few thousands of them as members and within that only few regularly express discontent on things which aren't even wrong or have any proper reasoning.

Regarding late fee or safe custody charges levied by Airtel Digital TV, i have already shared feedback on the same with their senior team....hopefully soon they will make changes to this and make these services free of cost for subscribers to avail the same

Anna i won't agree with ur statement as Airtel Family comprises of millions of subscribers while this forum has few thousands of them as members and within that only few regularly express discontent on things which aren't even wrong or have any proper reasoning.

Regarding late fee or safe custody charges levied by Airtel Digital TV, i have already shared feedback on the same with their senior team....hopefully soon they will make changes to this and make these services free of cost for subscribers to avail the same
You don't have to agree. I have numerous examples of anti consumer practices followed by Airtel as a DTH company including stifling the consumer choice. Please note that I care very least about channel addition.

1. 30 day lock in period on al-a-carte.
2. Absolutely ridiculous app which closes by itself every 30 seconds on iOS.
3. No broadcaster bouquets to choose from on the app (Stifling consumer choice)
4. Charges on recharging inactive accounts (I understand you are following up, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a flaw).
5. No discounts whatsoever on anything useful (Compared to the offers provided by TP)

The list goes on.

If I was using my DTH actively, I would have moved to Tata Play. But I don't use it as much which is why I'm not taking such drastic steps. But anyone who is actively using DTH should look elsewhere till Airtel mends their ways. Subscriber base doesn't mean anything if majority of them don't even know that their pockets are being conveniently emptied. Those who have good knowledge on DTH industry would certainly make their move!

Only thing that Airtel has on their favor is their HD channel video and audio quality. But all the other negatives they have, overshadows this positive a little too much that I can't even mention it confidently.

Let's agree to disagree and move on!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock