Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

After capitalizing on popular shows like Big Bang Theory, Friends to capture audience finally Comedy Central has reached saturation point and since last few weeks ratings r dwindling which indicates fatigue setting in.... Now let's see what changes r made. These days even Zee , Star relying on comedy genre and AXN serving content which has strong appeal among female viewers thus marching up the charts

Viacom has sworn to destroy Vh1. I already hated most indie content. Some songs are beyond horrible. They aired them because they were Indian which was still tolerable until it was in English. Now they have started airing hip hop crap in Hindi. Seriously, it's an international content channel? How can you have X Factor UK and Hindi hip-hop in same channel? They shut down MTV Indies to destroy Vh1.

Source

Last edited:
Viacom has sworn to destroy Vh1. I already hated most indie content. Some songs are beyond horrible. They aired them because they were Indian which was still tolerable until it was in English. Now they have started airing hip hop crap in Hindi. Seriously, it's an international content channel? How can you have X Factor UK and Hindi hip-hop in same channel? They shut down MTV Indies to destroy Vh1.
I hate these too. Wonder how people watch these. I get mad when I see Raja Kumari. Whenever I tune into VH1, they show these only. I stopped watching VH1.

I hate these too. Wonder how people watch these. I get mad when I see Raja Kumari. Whenever I tune into VH1, they show these only. I stopped watching VH1.
I don't personally hate Raja Kumari and Divine's songs. But they hog precious air time. I think MTV Beats should have an hour dedicated slot to indie music. So both indie music and international music gets proper airtime.

I think MTV Beats should have an hour dedicated slot to indie music. So both indie music and international music gets proper airtime.
Viacom has 3 HD music channels. Other networks (except Sun) do not have a single one. So they are leveraging their exclusivity. MTV Beats HD is the only true HD channel for popular Hindi music and therefore it cannot show indie music. Possibly MTV HD+ can try as it is mostly a youth GEC and such audiences will appreciate indie music more.

BTW I have honestly never heard of Raja Kumari before. Judging by her name I would never have thought that she is an American pop artist.

Last edited:
Why do we need indie music on tv? They are indie music for crying out loud. Let them exist on SoundCloud and YouTube. Viacom remember that even English indie music channel Nat Geo Music shutdown. Be careful with what you are gamling with as your live events will be impacted. As these are becoming infamous too. Paying youths go to Alt J and Coldplay concerts. Grown up goes to Supersonic. No one's coming to Dhara Veer for these hip hop battles.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock