Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

News channels are the worst. They interrupt documentaries with news and never go back to documentary after the news. 🤬

Sony Mix playing back 2 back Akshay Kumar songs, things pointing that we might see a collaboration on movie channel front too. Also Sony might sign on with Salman Khan after Zee Partnership ends

Guys, any of u tried asking music chs why they do not play indi pop songs from 90s 2000s? I have tweeted to their handles, even tagged people associated with channel but got no response. Such gr8 songs not finding space anywhere. :(

Guys, any of u tried asking music chs why they do not play indi pop songs from 90s 2000s? I have tweeted to their handles, even tagged people associated with channel but got no response. Such gr8 songs not finding space anywhere. :(
Tata Sky Music+ has indie station which plays old indie videos most of the time along with new songs. But the cost of ₹75 is too much for music.

Last edited:
Tata Sky Music+ has indie station which plays old indie videos most of the time along with new songs. But the cost of ₹75 is too much for music.

Yes, i know that bhai but i m asking regarding satellite chs.... They seem to not showing any interest in this despite massive popularity of these songs among people. Wonder why music labels themselves not giving some incentives or pushing this with latest or old bolly stuff

Yes, i know that bhai but i m asking regarding satellite chs.... They seem to not showing any interest in this despite massive popularity of these songs among people. Wonder why music labels themselves not giving some incentives or pushing this with latest or old bolly stuff
I wonder same. Should write about this to Showbox. Meanwhile VH1 is doing amazing job covering English indie scene with Sound Nation. But dunno why they started airing hindi hip hop songs nowadays. I mean we got Animal Planet and Sony BBC Earth for chimpanzee culture. Why ruin the only English HD music channel?

I wonder same. Should write about this to Showbox. Meanwhile VH1 is doing amazing job covering English indie scene with Sound Nation. But dunno why they started airing hindi hip hop songs nowadays. I mean we got Animal Planet and Sony BBC Earth for chimpanzee culture. Why ruin the only English HD music channel?

Yes, i did wrote to Showbox but there was no response. Also about Vh1 airing more indie songs , reason is that since long they r into promoting local talent and sometimes even paid promotion must be happening like it happens across chs. Another thing is that their ad revenue has drastically reduced and buying rights of popular international music is costly hence there r fewer slots for it these days.... Remember chs need to pay music labels according to no. of times they play a song during a day so few spots equals less cost incurred in content

Yes, i did wrote to Showbox but there was no response. Also about Vh1 airing more indie songs , reason is that since long they r into promoting local talent and sometimes even paid promotion must be happening like it happens across chs. Another thing is that their ad revenue has drastically reduced and buying rights of popular international music is costly hence there r fewer slots for it these days.... Remember chs need to pay music labels according to no. of times they play a song during a day so few spots equals less cost incurred in content
English songs itself are paid promotion. If any album is coming. They play it too much. We don't have problem with that. If some channel with niche audience plays in other language. They will drive that niche audience away.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock