Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Right. It's a rerun channel like Star Utsav, Sony Pal, etc. Colors was planning to launch it's second GEC, Colors Jazbaat but later plan changed.
Seeing the fate of Star Bharat and &TV it is best that Viacom18 not launch a second pay GEC. Only Sony has been extraordinarily successful with Sony Sab, because it is first and foremost positioned as a family comedy channel. For exactly the same reason Comedy Central is #1 in English.

Funny enough that Viacom18 is the only one of the four to have two main GECs in English, but not in Hindi! The reverse is true for the other three networks (assuming Disney International HD and Star World Premiere HD are not mainstream English GECs of Star, compared to Star World).
Which channels are considered second GECs from all major networks?
Also we should consider regional networks. Then we have Sun Life, Star Suvarna Plus (half-GEC, half-movies), Colors Super and Zee Yuva.

Second GECs converted to movie channels are Vijay Super, Star Maa Gold and Asianet Plus.

Last edited:
Any1 got to know why Disney / Star has removed Star Gold Select from Value Pack and just giving it under Premium Bouquet.... Not only this this channel unavailable in any mini bouquet? I had tweeted them but got no response. If they were to shut down this channel then shifting it to higher bouquet made no sense but if they have plans to revamp it and avoid later hassles of changing its bouquet availability (RIO updation) then surely this seems correct thing to do.

New bhojpuri movie channel ''Filamchi'' is now available on epic on.

Watch Filamchi Live TV | Online at EPIC On
QS2xOQp.png

Test signal word removed. Channel launched.

Last edited:
Yupp TV added a special channel "Sangeet Setu". Anchored by Akshay Kumar, the channels is presenting 18 prominent singers who are rendering some hit numbers to engage the viewers to Stay At Home.
It is a free channel. I am enjoying it in my fire tv stick. You too can.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock