Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

I am sensing that Zee Cafe, Living Foodz, Zing might either shutdown or revamp in coming months. Lot of such thing expected across broadcasters, reason is mostly bcoz of diminishing business viability and mergers which will help better use resources thus collaborating to operate in specific genres rather than competing. I am happy that tariff order has helped in unwanted chs getting closed and given us options to pick chs at reasonable price. OTT also making niche chs difficult to garner viewership

1 of my well thought about possibility has come out true, in another case ETC is shutting down and Zing continues to b on air i believe bcoz it has presence on Free Dish and catering to a dedicated audience base. Zee Cafe might very soon b discontinued

Regarding shutdown, I just wanna say something. Star Bharat and &TV (Star and Zee's 2nd Hindi GEC) are also garnering very less TRP since 2018. Why aren't Star and Zee shutting them down?
Also, are Colors Super (Color's 2nd Kannada GEC) and Zee Yuva (Zee's 2nd Marathi GEC) doing well?

Regarding shutdown, I just wanna say something. Star Bharat and &TV (Star and Zee's 2nd Hindi GEC) are also garnering very less TRP since 2018. Why aren't Star and Zee shutting them down?
Also, are Colors Super (Color's 2nd Kannada GEC) and Zee Yuva (Zee's 2nd Marathi GEC) doing well?
Colors super is doing good. The channel reach is also good.

Zee Yuva is getting less TRP and has lost the lots of viewers because of their programming they are only having 2 original serials, 1 reality show and other 4/5 serials are rerun. Earlier this channel when started used to get TRP like Sony Marathi gets now, later Zee Yuva TRP got increased when they brought Phulpakhru, Dil Dosti Duniyadaari and other serials. If Zee Yuva goes as it is going now in future they may have to shutdown the channel or will be in loss.

Zee Yuva channel need to improve and be like it was earlier before Zee changed logos.
It was going good at that time.

But anyday, Star Bharat and &TV should shut down. They are fetching so low TRPs. What's the need of keeping those channels?

But anyday, Star Bharat and &TV should shut down. They are fetching so low TRPs. What's the need of keeping those channels?
Don't know it will shutdown or not! But better like if they do like Regional channels if Star Network and Zee Network had focussed on a single channel they have got much more viewers anyhow they should shutdown their second gec and focus on only one and try to make it No. 1

Colors Super (Color's 2nd Kannada GEC) and Zee Yuva (Zee's 2nd Marathi GEC) doing well?
Colors super is on top 9 Kannada channels in week 38. Now they are revamping the channel with new dubbing content to compete with new channel dangal kannada.
Hope this revamp will improve their position.

Colors super is on top 9 Kannada channels in week 38. Now they are revamping the channel with new dubbing content to compete with new channel dangal kannada.
Hope this revamp will improve their position.
Just another query. Barc data analytics page gives only top 10/5 channels/program listings.
Suppose I want the TRP/impressions of all existing channels. Where do I know that? Do I need to have a BARC Subscription to know that? Any other way out?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock