Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Astonished to find this on Sony Max HD. That too a 1963 film, not the 2005 Abhishek Bachchan starrer (which I believe is with Star Gold). Maybe the EPG is wrong, but I can’t believe that the most diehard South channel is showing a classic Bollywood movie at such a Prime slot. Or is this a South movie?

8KAh3rb.png

V8W43YE.png

hi51AQQ.png

Last edited:
ESPN & AXN might make a comeback very soon, most probably in 2nd half of 2021

Last edited:
ESPN & AXN might make a comeback very soon, most probably in 2nd half of 2021

AXN might be. ESPN definitely not. If Disney-Star wants to push ESPN brand in India, IPL is the perfect opportunity for that. But its not happening. And I don't think it will ever happen as Disney is putting quite an emphasis on Star brand which they own fully even for sports. LATAM where they are focusing on Sports on OTT is carried by Star+, as ESPN is popular brand they just integrated ESPN to Star+ itself where original plan was to launch ESPN+ separately as a service.

AXN might be. ESPN definitely not. If Disney-Star wants to push ESPN brand in India, IPL is the perfect opportunity for that. But its not happening. And I don't think it will ever happen as Disney is putting quite an emphasis on Star brand which they own fully even for sports. LATAM where they are focusing on Sports on OTT is carried by Star+, as ESPN is popular brand they just integrated ESPN to Star+ itself where original plan was to launch ESPN+ separately as a service.

Cannot compare other countries dynamics with India. They will surely introduce ESPN as a linear channel here, not only does it have a strong brand connect but in India it has a very massive connect. IPL launch is ofcourse big but for ESPN it does not fit in as this channel will not carry cricket as primary sport, it will have variety of non cricket content .

They launched it even when they had small presence in India be it with erstwhile fox/star or recently with sony and now with a big network running here , surely they willl launch it in grand fashion. They must b working on all aspects right now and waiting for right moment

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock