Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

True, Kalaignar TV launch year To DMK power Kalaignar bagged almost all most expected Tamil movies against Sun TV, but they are behind in fiction and Non fiction Shows now they have Partnership with Vikatan, so Tamil Audience can now expect New shows from Vikatan.

Star Vijay future growth Trump card is Digital presence and Hotstar, I don't have Idea on Zee Tamil because they lost some Market share in Tamilnadu, if you observed BARC Top 5 Tamil channels. Zee Viewership probably moved to Star Vijay and some other Viewers to Colors Tamil.
Maanada Mayilada is their Trump Card Reality Show. Besides that Their Reality shows are not that great. There was this Rajesh Kumar's novels dramatization named Chinnathirai Cinema, Kalaignar has to reboot the serial and hire good actors and increase the production value so that the show will work. In serial front I think Vikatan will surely help them while other production houses too will make content for them , i am expecting Red Giant Movies or Cloud Nine Movies to start serial production as well.

Last edited:
True, Kalaignar TV launch year To DMK power Kalaignar bagged almost all most expected Tamil movies against Sun TV, but they are behind in fiction and Non fiction Shows now they have Partnership with Vikatan, so Tamil Audience can now expect New shows from Vikatan.

Star Vijay future growth Trump card is Digital presence and Hotstar, I don't have Idea on Zee Tamil because they lost some Market share in Tamilnadu, if you observed BARC Top 5 Tamil channels. Zee Viewership probably moved to Star Vijay and some other Viewers to Colors Tamil.
I heard a news in social media that zee tamil is going to revamp their shows within few months

Yes Kalaignar has many good films like Sivaji, Vaaranam Aayiram, Billa, Indian etc

I heard a news in social media that zee tamil is going to revamp their shows within few months
Zee Tamil will revamp its programming but I don't think it will beat Kalaignar. Sure it may get movies through money but serials are a tough nut to crack, After Aadhi left Sembaruthi, Zee Tamil serials have been on decline.

Zee Tamil will revamp its programming but I don't think it will beat Kalaignar. Sure it may get movies through money but serials are a tough nut to crack, After Aadhi left Sembaruthi, Zee Tamil serials have been on decline.
Yes it's a huge impact on zee tamil, but zee tamil has to do something now to gain their viewership otherwise they will be out of race.

First zee tamil have to finish off Yaaradi nee mohini, poove poochoodava, ooor, and have to introduce new serials. And they have to change the timing of thirumathi hitler because it is interesting more than that yaaradi nee mohini

Zee Cafe has hugely popular, nice fiction shows though little old in their library but they r not airing them. It would b much better option than what is being presented in current schedule.

Star World Premiere is serving purpose well, its catering to a very tiny and niche audience but airing various shows which r worth watching

Zee Cafe has hugely popular, nice fiction shows though little old in their library but they r not airing them. It would b much better option than what is being presented in current schedule.

Star World Premiere is serving purpose well, its catering to a very tiny and niche audience but airing various shows which r worth watching
Vicom18 has proper separation of comedy from drama and have 2 channel with international standards. Disney also following same strategy by separating comedy from drama by Disney international HD and star world.
But zee doesn't have much comedy content so not launching new channel and hence resulting in mix up with drama .So zee cafe ratings are down.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock