Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Wait and watch, The main fight started by Kalanithi Maran in 2007 may by his Daily News Paper Dinakaran survey, he had taken a survey the core question was after Kalaignar who will lead DMK 1) Alagiri or 2) MK Stalin but Kalaignar apposed and warned Kalanithi Maran that don't release the survey poll on Dinakaran news paper but he released it on news paper. More than 70% polled as Stalin, so it made MK Alagiri supporters anger and they burnt out Dinakaran printing press in Madurai including three press reporter's. The Kalaignar family leaved Maran's. After this only Kalaignar TV, a new channel owned by the Karunanidhi family, was launched as a potential rival to Sun TV when the tensions between Karunanidhi and the Maran brothers were at their highest.The government also announced the formation of Tamil Nadu Arasu Cable TV Corporation Limited, a new multiple-system operator which intended to end the monopoly of Sun Cable Vision.citation needed] In December 2008, the Marans made peace with the Karunanidhi family. From 2009 there no big fight with Kalaignar TV and Sun TV. And also started distributing movies and produced India's Big Budget movie Enthiran acted by Rajikanth and released worldwide. So we can expect what I told and just wait for sometime to watch the game of Sun TV and Kalaignar TV against Vijay TV and Zee Tamil. Now Sun Pictures started producing 8 Big Budget movies with 7 Big Budget actors it will continue more. So last but not least wait for some time and watch.
So Vijay TV and Zee Tamil are in danger

So Vijay TV and Zee Tamil are in danger
Vijay TV not so much. Zee Tamil is in serious danger. Vijay TV has the Disney backing which will be influential but Zee Tamil with BJP loss in TN is actually in a dicey situation

8vcUSoT.png
aCUz4lv.png
7Lj4xrj.png

Wonder Star & Disney India still not restructuring the company. Other than adding on subscription packages, no official details of merging the former Disney network (bearing UTV) with Star.

I feel sorry for &xplor HD. Just happened to tune into it on my old Android phone (required for TV apps), where it is showing Khoobsurat (2014, the Disney one). Throughout the film, which I was not really interested in, the channel showed just one promo in the ad breaks (likely the one when it was released in 2019) and no other ads whatsoever. Maybe the health advisory notice if I was lucky. That’s it. Without sponsors it is difficult for the channel to survive. To not have it on TS or even big cable platforms is a big tragedy for &xplor HD. Zee seems not to be promoting it anywhere either and nor is it holding any movie festivals. This should not be blamed on the pandemic but on Zee’s apathy and ignorance to let a wonderful Bollywood channel go completely unnoticed.
Wonder Star & Disney India still not restructuring the company. Other than adding on subscription packages, no official details of merging the former Disney network (bearing UTV) with Star.
Except Vijay Music they could not launch any of the promised channels like Star Gold 2 HD or Disney Channel HD. Goodneds knows whether Disney will give the green light for Star Kirano (an Odia GEC) or Pravah Picture, if at all.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for &xplor HD. Just happened to tune into it on my old Android phone (required for TV apps), where it is showing Khoobsurat (2014, the Disney one). Throughout the film, which I was not really interested in, the channel showed just one promo in the ad breaks (likely the one when it was released in 2019) and no other ads whatsoever. Maybe the health advisory notice if I was lucky. That’s it. Without sponsors it is difficult for the channel to survive. To not have it on TS or even big cable platforms is a big tragedy for &xplor HD. Zee seems not to be promoting it anywhere either and nor is it holding any movie festivals. This should not be blamed on the pandemic but on Zee’s apathy and ignorance to let a wonderful Bollywood channel go completely unnoticed.

Except Vijay Music they could not launch any of the promised channels like Star Gold 2 HD or Disney Channel HD. Goodneds knows whether Disney will give the green light for Star Kirano (an Odia GEC) or Pravah Picture, if at all.
The onus completely lies on broadcasters to negotiate and place the channel.& Explor HD fails due to its pricing and lack of bundling in zee packages to further its reach.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock