Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Lol. KBC Telugu version MEK has moved to Gemini and MasterChef India south versions are coming on Sun network, it doesn't mean Star is buying Sun TV buddy.

Production houses which controls the rights for the shows might have moved to another channels after the expiration of rights that's it.

Ps. As a senior member of DDF, please take a note not to speculate unnecessarily, because people will belive that. We shouldn't shell out misinformation. Ik you are optimistic but please.

I am not speculating bhai but just stating as things add up. I know that production companies hold rights but here shift can b as a result of merger too... I have seen such restructuring in other genres too. Not only this i am expecting warner media - discovery, Times Network to join this alliance. Remember when Sony Mix was shutting down, MTV Beats promos were playing on Sony Mix. Sony cannot be so naive to shut down chs if talks were in initial stages

I am not speculating bhai but just stating as things add up. I know that production companies hold rights but here shift can b as a result of merger too... I have seen such restructuring in other genres too. Not only this i am expecting warner media - discovery, Times Network to join this alliance. Remember when Sony Mix was shutting down, MTV Beats promos were playing on Sony Mix. Sony cannot be so naive to shut down chs if talks were in initial stages
Seriously buddy. That ship had sailed off long time ago. Don't be on the same ship which was already sunk. All the reports were clear that the talks were done and nothing had come out of them. Cross Channel adverting is common as well.

Ps. No one will change anything expecting a merger okay, only after the necessary approvals and all only the changes will come. If u cannot understand that, no one can do anything about it.

Last edited:
Seriously buddy. That ship had sailed off long time ago. Don't be on the same ship which was already sunk. All the reports were clear that the talks were done and nothing had come out of them. Cross Channel adverting is common as well.

Ps. No one will change anything expecting a merger okay, only after the necessary approvals and all only the changes will come. If u cannot understand that, no one can do anything about it.

Ship may not b sunk but still sailing. Media reports r not always right, these deals r not officially announced till later stages... Companies deny or do not comment till then. Cross channel ads r common but never happens for rival channels in same genre.

As i said i make comments as things unfold and try to decode things. Regulatory approvals ofcourse take time but we do not know what strategy they intend to follow

It's kind of bizzare how Sony has shut down channels of genre where Viacom excels like Music and English GEC. Meanwhile Viacom has shown no interest to enter the English movie space in last few years. Also Sony is aggressively expanding in sports instead of other genres.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock