Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Tributes To SSR On His 1st Death Anniversary Today
TVhu2PI.png
n143QXL.png

Source

Last edited:
For me, 14 June being SSR’s death anniversary is not so important as the fact that it is the anniversary of Star Plus’s ‘Rishta Wahi Soch Nayi’ rebrand in 2010. Strangely enough, I have been listening to that tune all day.

It is the graphics package that ushered in a new era of Indian TV and turned Star Plus from a blue Balaji channel to a red channel that focused more on women. Few rebrands have been this powerful, and even today, I think it is one of the most iconic rebrands in Indian TV history.

venturethree-com.png

2003552.jpg

Last edited:
For me, 14 June being SSR’s death anniversary is not so important as the fact that it is the anniversary of Star Plus’s ‘Rishta Wahi Soch Nayi’ rebrand in 2010. Strangely enough, I have been listening to that tune all day.

It is the graphics package that ushered in a new era of Indian TV and turned Star Plus from a blue Balaji channel to a red channel that focused more on women. Few rebrands have been this powerful, and even today, I think it is one of the most iconic rebrands in Indian TV history.

venturethree-com.png

2003552.jpg
This graphic should stay for 10 years worst mistake Was rebranding in 2016

This graphic should stay for 10 years worst mistake Was rebranding in 2016
To me the worst mistake was not the 2016 rebrand but the 2018 one, which took place during the IPL final that CSK won. As a result I went from loving the presentation of Star Plus to hating it. I cannot withstand the current white look and the previous two looks were much better. The 2016 graphics package was a natural evolution of the 2010 one but the current one is a huge, negative step away.

Star Plus used to have so many innovative shows like Satyamev Jayate, Airlines, POW: Bandi Yuddh Ke, Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi and TED Talks India: Nayi Soch Baat, which I associate with the old red look. But today all we have is serials. Since it is getting maximum ratings from these serials, it has stopped all non-fiction shows. Even movies have stopped. This is reflected by its current graphics.

When Star Jalsha rebranded in February 2019, many members still felt that Star Plus’s 2010 graphics are fresh after so many years. I’ll still say the same.

nOqENSC.png

10vleUx.png

Last edited:
To me the worst mistake was not the 2016 rebrand but the 2018 one, which took place during the IPL final that CSK won. As a result I went from loving the presentation of Star Plus to hating it. I cannot withstand the current white look and the previous two looks were much better. The 2016 graphics package was a natural evolution of the 2010 one but the current one is a huge, negative step away.

Star Plus used to have so many innovative shows like Satyamev Jayate, Airlines, POW: Bandi Yuddh Ke, Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi and TED Talks India: Nayi Soch Baat, which I associate with the old red look. But today all we have is serials. Since it is getting maximum ratings from these serials, it has stopped all non-fiction shows. Even movies have stopped. This is reflected by its current graphics.

When Star Jalsha rebranded in February 2019, many members still felt that Star Plus’s 2010 graphics are fresh after so many years. I’ll still say the same.

nOqENSC.png

10vleUx.png

kPvndT6.png

ju7AAFo.png
I Actually Like the white graphic one because star plus is back with its camel case when I saw the rebranding of Star Plus back in 2010 I Was scared at that time at that time me and my mom was watching star parivaar awards 2010

Mithun Birthday Bonanza
Tomorrow On Sony Max 2

o8WdB2M.jpg

Himmatwala (Mithun) - 6:00am
Kasam Paida Karne Wale Ki - 8:00am
Meherbaan - 3:45pm
Daata - 7:00pm
Bees Saal Baad - 10:30pm

Although important films like Disco Dancer, Muddat, Mujrim are missing, this is not a bad list.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock