Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,380
  • Views Views: Views 1,050,556
Sony even losing English movies library ? 😳😲

Didn't u notice it earlier brother? Many Hollywood/Dubbed Hollywood Movies which were previously with Sony r now with Disney-Star. Also good thing about Disney-Star is not only they r renewing/acquiring rights of so many old or new bollywood, hollywood and dubbed hollywood movies but for many such movies they r entering short term agreement thus saving on money and further investing on renewing more movies after regular intervals thus keeping their Hindi / English Movie Channels schedule Fresh, Attractive and consisting of vast variety of movies for all types of audience segments

MTV Beats has done changes to its scheduling and many new program blocks have been introduced

Sony Sports Ten 1 and Ten 3 will air less of WWE from 1st March as can be seen from schedule available on WhatsOnIndia App
But ten 4 remain same as they will keep showing wwe
Past one months star 3 showing 70% time ipl glad they atleast change to football again

Sony Sports Ten 1 and Ten 3 will air less of WWE from 1st March as can be seen from schedule available on WhatsOnIndia App
That's because they don't have a WWE pay per view to promote next month which are over 3 hours long. They sometime have to delay broadcast of WWE Sunday Dhamaal. Right now they are airing their normal schedule.

Goldmines needs to bring a HD channel. Or sell HD rights of their library. It's just odd to sit on latest popular movies with a single channel and no HD feed. You are doing injustice to both your viewers and your library.
Yes i agree

Goldmines needs to bring a HD channel. Or sell HD rights of their library. It's just odd to sit on latest popular movies with a single channel and no HD feed. You are doing injustice to both your viewers and your library.

I think they might sign an agreement with Disney-Star or Viacom18 for the same rather than launching a HD channel themselves. They r more focused on FTA segment but we never know if they at later point do decide to even launch HD feed and take on big broadcasters in Pay TV segment too rather than having some syndication agreement.

Also apart from some popular dubbed south indian movies, other movies do not get much good ratings on HD channels. Please refer to this thread to understand why

Last edited:
That's because they don't have a WWE pay per view to promote next month which are over 3 hours long. They sometime have to delay broadcast of WWE Sunday Dhamaal. Right now they are airing their normal schedule.

Buddy i know about that. What i stated was that usually they air lot of WWE highlights all thru the day but same has been reduced from today onwards. Maybe in near future WWE might shift to Star Sports Network

Buddy i know about that. What i stated was that usually they air lot of WWE highlights all thru the day but same has been reduced from today onwards. Maybe in near future WWE might shift to Star Sports Network
That's not highlights. Some of these are unaired programming.

DD India SD channel has HD logo.
a2Y7dJJ.jpg

Today's schedule of Disney-Star Hindi Movie Channels consists of just bollywood movies ( watchable prime slots from 6 AM to Midnight). No other broadcaster does so or gives such airtime to bollywood films. On a daily average basis Disney-Star hindi movie channels give near about 85% slots to bollywood movies....which means at many occasions over 90 % slots r filled with bollywood films while at some occasions this % may go down to around 75% - 79% and extremely rarely it touches 66 or 71%.

Also wide range of bollywood movies aired on Disney-Star hindi movie channels which again is major advantage and they keep on refreshing their library by acquiring more old/new movies thus making the schedule even more attractive / appealing to viewers. No doubt they r the No. 1 in this segment ( combined viewership of all their hindi movie channels and comparing their average ranking with that of hindi movie channels of rival networks). Bollywood Movies even get best ratings (leveraging best potential a film has to offer) when they air on Disney-Star hindi movie channels bcoz these channels have a robust bollywood movies audience base.

Back
Top Bottom