Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,379
  • Views Views: Views 1,050,384
Have you watched any old bollywood movies? It looks and sounds like the black and white scene from 3 id*ots.
If it scares you, then I will share some another few & exciting information about Sab in upcoming days 😉.

If it scares you, then I will share some another few & exciting information about Sab in upcoming days 😉.
I don't watch that channel anymore. I moved on Comedy Central and Star World from 2013. I didn't even watch TKMOC rerun until lockdown. I watched few episodes of Kapil on Sony. Than I started watching on weekly basis on Sony. So don't really care about SAB or any hindi channels in general.

I moved on Comedy Central and Star World from 2013.
I have been wanting to watch Comedy Central for a long time, but I do not understand which is best to watch on Comedy Central, can you suggest a good one?

I have been wanting to watch Comedy Central for a long time, but I do not understand which is best to watch on Comedy Central, can you suggest a good one?
Nowadays Friends air at 11:40 pm. So I won't recommend watching that channel. Golden days are gone. They use to have awesome shows like Awkward, Citizen Khan, Friends, Impractical Jokers, Psych, Outsourced, The Big Bang Theory, Mom, Two and a Half Men and many other good shows. I recommend trying to find and watch Citizen Khan and Outsourced.

I may be entirely wrong or partially right or entirely correct on the analysis/ assessment which i have made on basis of changes which i have observed in the programming strategy followed by Sony for its key channels in the past few months as well as other activities which seem to be tune with the soon to happen official implementation of merger between Sony - Zee.

As i can notice that Sony might be vacating the Hindi Movie Genre entirely or if not this then possibly they will revamp Sony Max , Sony Max 2, Sony Wah with some different positioning. They r losing out on so many movies be it bollywood, dubbed south indian and when dubbed hollywood ones while repetition of some 50 or 60 bollywood movies and many other dubbed south indian movies have increased on these channels which likely indicates that rights of these movies too might be nearing expiry from the network.

Coming to Sony Pix again i am not sure but again either it will shut down or And Flix would be close down is what i think. Here too if we compare to how Disney-Star is expanding its hollywood movies library then Sony-Zee have been losing rights of many movies.

Sony Sports Network is still i would say quite active in renewing rights of. various sporting properties so these channels shall surely continue and i somehow feel that Sony-Zee will jointly further help it grow as merged entity comes into effect very soon.

Sony TV, Sony Sab are serving the purpose quite well and getting good ratings in the audience segment they cater to. Sony is likely to to further continue improving upon various aspects of this channel. Sony Pal needs a revamp

Sony BBC Earth again might continue until both companies find the partnership to be delivering good results.

Sony Yay again likely to get a strong boost once zee-sony work together and make improvements on the same.

Zing is getting good ratings in the youth genre. Sony might consider reentering music genre

All in all if Sony is still interested in TV broadcast business in India then alongwith zee it can surely have a well balanced & focused approach on genres where it can devote the resources while leaving rest of genres to zee and on some fronts both can jointly expand the business. But if like in various other countries Sony decides to exit TV broadcast business and focus more on digital front or maybe have a very limited role in TV broadcast business then Zee may as well be the decision maker and they may as well acquire certain TV channels of Sony and continue to operate them under separate branding.

Let's see what actually happens

Sony Max Graphics 2003-2006.
yf0aRzW.png

gCClt8J.png

oqEdLJE.png

d0CXK7H.png

iWkkwcX.gif

Movie Sponsor Tag had Yellow colour.
XEhr7Mc.png

Sports Sponsor Tag had Blue colour with different Background Music.
rlmiBVd.png

In my records.

Surya Comedy celebrating their Anniversary on 8th April
Gemini Music celebrating their Anniversary on 9th April or 14th April

But this channels now where celebrating their Anniversary.

Is this my records are wrong or they are not interested in Anniversary ???

Back
Top Bottom