Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,379
  • Views Views: Views 1,050,381
Warner Bros promoting their packs through their own channels.
NRfxgrg.png

EH1t1ef.png
npHwRze.png

Brahmastra to have a simulcast airing
30th April 12 PM On Star Gold, Star Plus & Star Bharat
This will surely affect the WTPs of Kuttey, Thank God & Govinda Naam Mera
So Star Plus is telecasting a movie almost after two years (or even more). The last movie aired on Star Plus was Dil Bechara as per my knowledge.

Today is the 5th anniversary of Cartoon Network HD+. As I was writing my latest article, I noticed that CN has historically shown more American animation shows compared to most other Indian kids’ channels. Is this true or is CN also showing more Indian cartoons? @iDJ bhai please comment.
Yes, true. I never seen any locally produced cartoons on that channels. NICK HD+ is also same. Difference here is they have live action shows too. Meanwhile Cartoon Network just sticks to cartoon.

So Star Plus is telecasting a movie almost after two years (or even more). The last movie aired on Star Plus was Dil Bechara as per my knowledge.
Movies premiered on Star Plus since 2018
Baaghi 2 (Along with SGS)
Sanju
Stree
Mardaani 2
Panga
Love Aaj Kal
Tanhaji
Dil Bechara

Simultaneous Premieres with Star Gold
De De Pyaar De
Super 30
Kalank
Mission Mangal
Ant Man & The Wasp
Chhichhore

Apart from these, I remember sometimes some movies like Judwaa 2, Housefull 2, etc were aired on Star Plus on weekend at 9:30 PM or 10 PM in 2020 or 2021

Last edited:
Star Plus premiered many films in 2018 like Baaghi 2, Sanju and Stree, and it also showed Badhaai Ho after its premiere on Star Gold. But after Dil Bechara it stopped.

Many of you will recollect that Sony Max, Sony TV and Sony Sab had a mass simulcast of KGF 2 and Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 some months back. And many Sony channels will be simulcasting Sachin: A Billion Dreams next week, but not the Hindi GECs like Sony TV and Sony Sab.
Also star bharat telecasting a movie for the 1st time.
Star Bharat has never shown any movies before, though international feeds might have shown movies. Also, I clearly remember that the only movie to ever be premiered on Life OK was 2 States (2014).

As i can notice that Sony might be vacating the Hindi Movie Genre entirely or if not this then possibly they will revamp Sony Max , Sony Max 2, Sony Wah with some different positioning. They r losing out on so many movies be it bollywood, dubbed south indian and when dubbed hollywood ones while repetition of some 50 or 60 bollywood movies and many other dubbed south indian movies have increased on these channels which likely indicates that rights of these movies too might be nearing expiry from the network.

Coming to Sony Pix again i am not sure but again either it will shut down or And Flix would be close down is what i think. Here too if we compare to how Disney-Star is expanding its hollywood movies library then Sony-Zee have been losing rights of many movies.
I think they are close down English movie Genre in near future, even Sony too not interested on English movie genre. After Shazam, Godzilla and Sony's Ghost Rider 2 Spirit of Vengeance too moved to Disney/Star, there are high possibility of Spiderman catalog moving.

Back
Top Bottom