Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,221
  • Views Views: Views 1,035,081
Today Disney-Star Hindi Movie Channels are having just bollywood movies being throughout the day .....this has not been ever seen and unlikely to be the scenario in future if we talk about any rival network hindi movie channels

Noticed today that now BBC News is available in 16:9 aspect ratio on Airtel Digital TV Platform..... I think this transition has happened from broadcaster end as all operators would have been informed by BBC to switchover to HD feed & downscale the same for SD viewing.....until now we used to get original SD feed which BBC uplinks from its broadcast station by dowscaling HD transmission to Letter Box format and then zooming in to minimise black bars (as almost content produced by BBC keeps important elements in video within 14:9 Aspect Ratio Window/Frame)

Guys please check and confirm

The Perfect Storm, The Golden Compass Lake Placid Vs Anaconda, Darkness Falls movies have been renewed by Disney-Star, aired in past few days on their Hindi + English Movie Channels.....many other dubbed hollywood movies from Sony Pictures, Warner Bros, Paramount have been renewed

Exodus : Gods and Kings which is part of 20th Century Fox movie library also renewed by Disney-Star

Today Disney-Star Hindi Movie Channels are having just bollywood movies being throughout the day .....this has not been ever seen and unlikely to be the scenario in future if we talk about any rival network hindi movie channels
I respectfully disagree. There is no need to highlight this repeatedly, I feel. Not only writing the same thing in praise of the Star Gold channels but also criticising other Hindi movie channels — as if they will never show more than 50% Bollywood movies on a given day where the Star Gold channels will always show nearly 100% Hindi movies — is pointless and does not add value to the conversation. Instead it negates the progress that others, and Sony Max in particular, have made regarding showing Hindi movies compared to South movies.

I respectfully disagree. There is no need to highlight this repeatedly, I feel. Not only writing the same thing in praise of the Star Gold channels but also criticising other Hindi movie channels — as if they will never show more than 50% Bollywood movies on a given day where the Star Gold channels will always show nearly 100% Hindi movies — is pointless and does not add value to the conversation. Instead it negates the progress that others, and Sony Max in particular, have made regarding showing Hindi movies compared to South movies.

No dada. I highlight all points of different broadcasters , it is not about praising one or negating others but sharing all information alongside constructive feedback / criticism. Just check / read my posts each time i have praised sony for improving bollywood content on its channels but it lacks consistency and repetition is more bcoz of fewer movies in their library

No dada. I highlight all points of different broadcasters , it is not about praising one or negating others but sharing all information alongside constructive feedback / criticism. Just check / read my posts each time i have praised sony for improving bollywood content on its channels but it lacks consistency and repetition is more bcoz of fewer movies in their library
That I agree with. You have definitely highlighted the improvements of other networks. In fact you have vocally supported the transformation of Sony Max from a South channel to more of a Bollywood channel.

But every time the Star Gold channels have a nearly 100% Bollywood schedule on a given day, there is no need to say that Zee Cinema or Sony Max have no chance of doing the same. Otherwise it becomes partiality, even unknowingly so. All I am saying is that if the Star Gold channels can aim towards a mostly Bollywood schedule, so can the others. :tup:

That I agree with. You have definitely highlighted the improvements of other networks. In fact you have vocally supported the transformation of Sony Max from a South channel to more of a Bollywood channel.

But every time the Star Gold channels have a nearly 100% Bollywood schedule on a given day, there is no need to say that Zee Cinema or Sony Max have no chance of doing the same. Otherwise it becomes partiality, even unknowingly so. All I am saying is that if the Star Gold channels can aim towards a mostly Bollywood schedule, so can the others. :tup:
All main channels like Zee cinema, star gold, colors cineplex, Sony max should show 100% bollywood content.
All 2nd channels like star gold 2, Sony max 2, colors cineplex bollywood(colors cineplex 2) and zee bollywood(Zee cinema 2) should show 100% bollywood content prep 2010 era.

And they should show south dubbed content on 3rd channels like colors cineplex superhits, Zee action and star, Sony should launch separate channels for such content.

Rest they can keep star gold select, romance, thrills, Zee classic and other channels according to their content.

Channels on dd free dish like Zee anmol cinema, star Utsav movies should show mix of all content.

Zee biskope celebrating their 4th birthday with viewers
qBu46TQ.png

IoH9HeG.png

How channels like sgs and &xplor hd are surviving because they don't air ads and they don't even have large viewership???

As the Adani takeover was complete in December, views at NDTV India decreased to 45 million as compared to the 98 million a month before – a sharp slide of over 54 percent. A similar trend, meanwhile, was seen at the network’s English offering NDTV 24x7, where digital views shrunk by 20 percent, or 5 million, totalling 20 million views in December.

Back
Top Bottom