Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,221
  • Views Views: Views 1,035,072
Australia Network Licence Cancelled by MIB . Reason - Termination & Non-Renewal of Agency Agreement.
It is now called ABC Australia.....channel is distributed in India by SMG group, i have written to this company and even other distribution partners of various International Channels and directly to channels itself for addition of their channels on Tata Play (when i used it regularly from 2008 to 2018) and Airtel Digital TV Platform ( been writing feedback to these channels since 2013 until now )...... I remember i had to continuosly write /follow up with TV5Monde Asie Channel Team and its distribution partner in India Catvision India Private Limited for 4 years until channel finally got added on Airtel Digital TV Platform .....also have written to Senior People working with Distribution Team or Channel Heads of various Indian as well as International Channels sharing feedback about content or requesting addition of channels on Tata Play / Videoxon d2h / Airtel Digital TV Platform as and when i used the connections of these DTH Platforms..... Even shared lot of different feedback with senior people of various DTH Platforms (Tata Play, d2h, Airtel Digital TV)about various things (shortcomings, improvements and innovative things) wherein i put in lot of efforts and hard work.....so happy that Airtel Digital TV team have indeed evaluated those points and implemented these changes , added channels, launched new services /products/ product features /offers, consumer friendly policies in last 3-4 years

Yes i know bro it was rebranded as Australia Tv but now its missing from Permitted list of Channels in MIB website.

Since last few days many TV channels whose licence is still valid r missing from the lost, maybe it is happening due to some technical glitch on the portal

After 2 years they remembered to add in sgs library
Bcoz rights of these films cost a lot of money hence every broadcaster first tries to recover the investment by airing them inbetween popular movies on flagship/main channels which happened with Bachna Ae Haseeno too..... Now that lot of time has gone by since movie rights were acquired and film got required airings on main channels hence it is appropriate to add it in Star Gold Select movie library where we know hardly any ads get shown hence revenue earned is extremely minute, even as compared to mass channels such channels r subscribed or viewed by less people too specially when they r not part of or available in basic broadcaster or DPO Bouquets ....main reason for keeping niche channels like these out of basic broadcaster bouquets or even in rare cases even out of premium broadcaster bouquets like what we see with Disney International HD is to maximise subscription revenue so that somehow cost being incurred to run such channels can be recovered even though this helps only in a very small way as largely losses made r absorbed in overall revenues earned by a network / broadcaster

Bcoz rights of these films cost a lot of money hence every broadcaster first tries to recover the investment by airing them inbetween popular movies on flagship/main channels which happened with Bachna Ae Haseeno too..... Now that lot of time has gone by since movie rights were acquired and film got required airings on main channels hence it is appropriate to add it in Star Gold Select movie library where we know hardly any ads get shown hence revenue earned is extremely minute, even as compared to mass channels such channels r subscribed or viewed by less people too specially when they r not part of or available in basic broadcaster or DPO Bouquets ....main reason for keeping niche channels like these out of basic broadcaster bouquets or even in rare cases even out of premium broadcaster bouquets like what we see with Disney International HD is to maximise subscription revenue so that somehow cost being incurred to run such channels can be recovered even though this helps only in a very small way as largely losses made r absorbed in overall revenues earned by a network / broadcaster
Bro it never aired in prime slots except when SGR was launched at that time it got some airings in prime slots on that channel otherwise it never aired in prime slots

Bro it never aired in prime slots except when SGR was launched at that time it got some airings in prime slots on that channel otherwise it never aired in prime slots

Buddy it had aired several times on Star Gold, Star Gold 2 and UTV Movies too in early morning time slots...this is after it premiered during afternoon time slot on Star Gold 2 when it was renewed by Disney Star

Buddy it had aired several times on Star Gold, Star Gold 2 and UTV Movies too in early morning time slots...this is after it premiered during afternoon time slot on Star Gold 2 when it was renewed by Disney Star
Early morning slots are not prime slots

Back
Top Bottom