Telugu States - Star Network No. 1 - STAR MAA (Week 31 to Week 35) +
Kannada State - ZEE Network No. 1 - ZEE Kannada (Week 31 to Week 35) +
Malayalam State - Star Network No. 1 - ASIANET (Week 31 to Week 35) +
Tamil States - Sun Network No. 1 - Sun TV (Week 31 to Week 35) +

Telugu States - Star Network No. 1 - STAR MAA (Week 31 to Week 35) +
Kannada State - ZEE Network No. 1 - ZEE Kannada (Week 31 to Week 35) +
Malayalam State - Star Network No. 1 - ASIANET (Week 31 to Week 35) +
Tamil States - Sun Network No. 1 - Sun TV (Week 31 to Week 35) +
Interestingly the fact is that Malayalam & Tamil markets don't see any change in No.1 throughout years so they are undisputed leaders, while Telugu & Kannada markets shuffle Top2 channels after a certain time.

Stree 2 Full song playing on Gemini Music.

1xRO3WQ.jpeg

WLT60Og.jpeg

Zee Tamil HD & Zee Keralam HD (Only HD Version)

Still Not In Profit Zone, So Stay Calm Bro!
I wonder if somehow Sun Direct refusing to add these two HD channels is a major factor behind their decreased viewership. Ironically, Sun Direct was the first DTH to add Zee Telugu HD and Zee Cinemalu HD. Those two were launched on New Year’s Eve 2017 and added by Sun in February 2018.

I wonder if somehow Sun Direct refusing to add these two HD channels is a major factor behind their decreased viewership. Ironically, Sun Direct was the first DTH to add Zee Telugu HD and Zee Cinemalu HD. Those two were launched on New Year’s Eve 2017 and added by Sun in February 2018.

There Are Few Reasons Behind This

1. Don't Want Competition In Tamil

2. Deal Issue

3. Some Old Revenges

Changes on Sony SAB from This Monday

SAB opted Star's path to increase time slots of Current Shows. From Tomorrow Wagle Ki Dooniya will be available at 09:00 PM, Pushpa Impossible at 09:35 PM and Vanshaj will be moved to 10:30 PM Time slot.

Screenshot-2024-0908-074106.png
Screenshot-2024-0908-074126.png

A Madam Sir cameo also planned in Wagle Ki Dooniya, as Gulki Joshi was shown in Sony SAB's new promo

Screenshot-2024-0908-074247.png

Interestingly i was reading information regarding who is associated with content acquisition + managing other things related to Hindi Movie Channels of Disney-Star and interestingly i found out that each member of the team is passionate about bollywood movies and have great knowledge about it.... This is why they are able to curate great selection of bollywood movies which resonate so well with viewings preference/choices of diverse audience segments....same holds true for their content strategy for hindi dubbed hollywood movies

Last edited:
Here is what i have been stating since last 1 or 2 years that TV Channels in India still have great potential to grow across all genres as OTT Fatigue has set in....if broadcasters curate good content and make it available on their TV Channels at affordable price then i am sure we will witness big revival in the TV Broadcast Segment again
(Long post alert)
Yes, Indians are now used to with 10 mins of Ads and 20 mins of actual content in a 30 min serial. This ratio of ads get high in FTA channels. But alongwith it we also have got habit of only watching a serial for 30 mins. Whereas in our neighbouring as well as Southeast Asian countries avg. episode is of 45 mins and 60 mins respectively, excluding ads.
This norm of telecasting content everyday every month for never ending years with leaps and leaps has brought down quality. I understand that limited episodes won't work on ITV similar to Kdramas of 12/16 eps only, but for content to be the king, duration has to be increased. Ex. Turkish dramas are avg.120 to 180 mins long excluding ads. And yes they are divided into 6 to 7 seasons of 30 to 40 eps/season. This is same as ITV serials of 500 to 600 eps. Mib should do something for either putting limit on limitless episodes or minimum time for a serial. India is currently focusing on softpower & TV exports have worked in softpower game for South Korea, China, Pakistan, Turkey,etc. India has so so many tv shows going on at same time in different languages. Endless potential. But wasted due to poor quality. Guess what now, the country with so much young people don't watch Tv anymore and have shifted to OTT for better content.

Back
Top Bottom