General discussions/queries for Satellite Tuning

@Kiran Reddy, congrats on buying the analog meter. best wishes on the great experience lying ahead. this analog meter will be a very useful tool for tracking. gradually you will be upgrading to advanced tools like digital sat finders, if you are gonna take this hobby seriously. all the best.

Today I started my tracking using new device, I got spare dish and sun direct settop(inactive one jus for signal check) from my friend who is dealer and could successfully track Measat3 and performed channel search :)
I did not want to buy FTA box yet so started with this :)

Today I started my tracking using new device, I got spare dish and sun direct settop(inactive one jus for signal check) from my friend who is dealer and could successfully track Measat3 and performed channel search :)
I did not want to buy FTA box yet so started with this :)
Bro congrats on buying new Satellite meter.(y)
Is it easy to find signal using this analog meter..?

Bro congrats on buying new Satellite meter.(y)
Is it easy to find signal using this analog meter..?
Yes bro it took time for me for drilling and fixing dish. Once it was set, I used quicksat android app to get to close direction and then used meter. I could get 70% strength and 60% quality within 5 minutes.
I am not sure if it it would be same for other satelite but yes for Measat3 it was easy :)

@Kiran Reddy, bro, buying an FTA receiver is not that costly. Receiver models are available starting from 850rs onwards. You can get a good quality receiver (MPEG4
, HD, AC3 audio support, DVD Features, USB Playback options for various audio and video formats etc) around 1000-1100rs price.

If you want to enjoy more into tracking, you should start hunting the FTA satellites. after all, there are only 6 private dth operators in India, if you are planning only to try on the dth signals.

@Kiran Reddy, bro, buying an FTA receiver is not that costly. Receiver models are available starting from 850rs onwards. You can get a good quality receiver (MPEG4
, HD, AC3 audio support, DVD Features, USB Playback options for various audio and video formats etc) around 1000-1100rs price.

If you want to enjoy more into tracking, you should start hunting the FTA satellites. after all, there are only 6 private dth operators in India, if you are planning only to try on the dth signals.
Bro suggest me any good FTA receiver.

Pagaria 5050 or 6060 models (costs Rs.1000)

Solid 6303 (costs Rs.1000)

MCBS Champion 4000HD (costs Rs. 1300)

are 3 good options to start with.

you can find other models from Solid (6141, 6033, 6150 models) very commonly in market, but better to buy only latest models like these.

(please note that these are the current rates from a seller in Punjab, who delivers the boxes by courier all over India. there will be a shipping charge of Rs.100 extra.

the price of these boxes may vary from Rs. 1500-2200 range in the local shops.

PM me if you want the contact details of that seller.
please note that i am no way connected with that person. i am from Kerala and that seller is from Punjab. i am just a satisfied customer of that seller)

Last edited:
Is it possible to receive sundirect and Tatasky signals in single dish using dual port lnb?

Is it possible to receive sundirect and Tatasky signals in single dish using dual port lnb?
Both satellites are far away from each other so i doubt if that much gap mono block lnb you will get..

Both satellites are far away from each other so i doubt if that much gap mono block lnb you will get..
Oh thank you. I thought gsat10 and 15 are at 83 and 83.5 respectively so .5 degree difference could be received by normal lnb I thought, that's why asked about it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock