Discussion General News & Updates About Tata Play

• Thread starter dinesh19
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19,540
  • Views: Views 2,605,744
Just guessing but what if Tata Sky adds &Xplor HD alongwith this on GSat 10 in HEVC format and starts migrating HD subscribers to New HEVC box. Some r already having HEVC boxes , few older ones need replacement and this will give them adequate bandwidth rather than investing on new transponders.

They have already moved important HD channels to dedicated GSat 10 TP's. They need to give some benefit otherwise subscribers do not show interest to upgrade, same happened during MPEG4 migration which was much bigger exercise

What about subscribers who have the hd + recording STB which is not HEVC, I guess HEVC recording STB is not yet launched. They won't be able to watch HD CHS

Just guessing but what if Tata Sky adds &Xplor HD alongwith this on GSat 10 in HEVC format and starts migrating HD subscribers to New HEVC box. Some r already having HEVC boxes , few older ones need replacement and this will give them adequate bandwidth rather than investing on new transponders.

They have already moved important HD channels to dedicated GSat 10 TP's. They need to give some benefit otherwise subscribers do not show interest to upgrade, same happened during MPEG4 migration which was much bigger exercise
Yes.. That's the Reason Tata Sky delaying New Channels Addition. They want to Shift All Channels of Insat 4A to GSAT-10 Tps.

What about subscribers who have the hd + recording STB which is not HEVC, I guess HEVC recording STB is not yet launched. They won't be able to watch HD CHS

Buddy i believe new Transfer STB r HEVC enabled, if not maybe they will work out some plan. Also this might not come into reality, i am just making random guess. But they can arrange for new HEVC HD DVR if they want, all these old boxes will get them resale value like we do for different things thru various platforms or dealers

Do not get confused even for HD/SD users Tata Sky has variety of segmented Ch. 100 present on different transponders . They beam it on user box on basis of classification done by their team

I have hd STB also but it shows in4a-13 as 100 gold. Just checked now. Don't know which STB deep bro using

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock