Discussion General News & Updates About Tata Play

• Thread starter dinesh19
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19,522
  • Views: Views 2,613,428
As per the CEO of a broadcaster whose channel is going to be onboard Tata Sky shortly, Tata Sky is waiting for the release of KU Band capacity on GSAT 30. They have finished testing on GSAT 30 and are waiting for formal clearance from ISRO to start migrating all KU channels to GSAT 30. GSAT 31 will be back to the old orbital slot after that.

TS had activated H polarity on GSat10 and sometime back they have moved these chs to GSat 30. So bandwidth is not the issue, issue is most probably TS is looking for broadcasters to hop on paying carriage while broadcasters r not willing to have more of such expenses in new framework

Is it me or anyone else when I watch News Live (LCN. 1955) Assamese news channel on Tata Sky? My ears feels ticklish. Can you check?

TS had activated H polarity on GSat10 and sometime back they have moved these chs to GSat 30. So bandwidth is not the issue, issue is most probably TS is looking for broadcasters to hop on paying carriage while broadcasters r not willing to have more of such expenses in new framework
I agree that TS has activated H polarity in Gsat 10...Actually I was telling the same from the 1st day of that Gsat31 migration thread...But ...One thing u have to look that in the post of @Basil it was clearly mentioned that TS is waiting for the clearance of Gsat30 Transponders from isro...Then how can they migrate the channels to Gsat30 without getting clearance from isro? Gsat 31 is a backup sat for TS can be used only in emergency ie :if Gsat10 fails they can use it...Once TS gets Gsat30 clearance then they might migrate the H pol channels...

issue is most probably TS is looking for broadcasters to hop on paying carriage while broadcasters r not willing to have more of such expenses in new framework

Their deal is sealed is what I have been told.

If Gsat 31 is returning to the old orbit then y TS is migrated the H pol channels to there...They have Gsat10 H pol already have with them..

That I can't say for sure bro. One thing is confirmed that a broadcaster who has sealed deal with TS has been told to wait for GSAT 30 clearance from ISRO.

Same old story when GSat 10 came into play, they had got bandwidth but kept broadcasters waiting. They will add channels as per own liking

I wish it was possible to do MNP in case of DTH Operators. If you are not getting your desired channels and getting charged for the bouquets, then ditch them.

This way the DTH operators would be forced to be transparent. But, alas, the situation is not so.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock