Discussion General News & Updates About Tata Play

• Thread starter Thread starter dinesh19
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 19,750
  • Views Views: Views 2,699,168
Why though? They got almost all the channels available on satellite TV. These doesn't make any or much difference. Just see Airtel doesn't have +1 channels. Yet, they are making you wait for addition of major channels. Also Hits HD has niche appeals. You can watch classic English shows which you can't do on regular satellite channel. There is no channel called Spotlight HD.

By mistake i mentioned the name Spotlight HD, i wanted to refer to Theatre HD service channel which is available on Tata Play DTH platform. As far as Hits HD is concerned sure it provides good classic english shows & caters to niche audience but considering bandwidth limitations Tata Play should provide it in Standard Definition format. Also more importantly niche audience specifically those looking for such classic shows, they already look for and watch such content on OTT / online platforms. By making available Hits in SD format, Tata Play can attract a larger audience base to watch this channel and this includes that segment which is new to exploring English content and has limited or no access to internet

Still many popular FTA and Pay channels r missing on Tata Play, even certain other good FTA channels which may be watched by a sizeable audience also not added till now on Tata Play. Subscribers are complaining regularly here in the forum too about too much compression being applied across most of the channels thus leading to bad picture quality.

Also as i have said earlier in today's time timeshift or repeats service channels hold no major significance..... One has options to record content, watch it thru catch up tv option on box or app, go to respective OTT platforms to watch content and more so TV shows and movies get repeated on a daily basis. Tata Play should bring onboard missing channels and add such service channels which bring in something unique to its viewers by offering content or things which really add value to its service offering.

I would not like to bring airtel digital tv in this thread as earlier we have already discussed issue u raised and many others in different threads. Airtel Digital TV is ahead of Tata Play right now as far as catering to its audience demand is concerned or even adapting to latest changes as required in ever changing media/entertainment / broadcasting landscape

Kohli was watching final match on SS1 Hindi on Tata Play DTH.
7WoVeOB.jpg

Kohli was watching final match on SS1 Hindi on Tata Play DTH.
7WoVeOB.jpg

This could well be some kind of veiled paid promotion of Tata Play been done by Virat Kohli. Not sure but making this comment as celebs do enter such social media ad agreements with celebs & these brands get promoted in a very discreet/veiled manner without most viewers getting to know that actually it was a paid partnership, usually if there is no such tie ups then celebs take extreme caution to hide name of any brand or company in pictures or videos they post on social media platforms

This could well be some kind of veiled paid promotion of Tata Play been done by Virat Kohli. Not sure but making this comment as celebs do enter such social media ad agreements with celebs & these brands get promoted in a very discreet/veiled manner without most viewers getting to know that actually it was a paid partnership, usually if there is no such tie ups then celebs take extreme caution to hide name of any brand or company in pictures or videos they post on social media platforms
Print this image and take it to streets. And ask people what do they think about it. You will barely find anyone notice or care which DTH their favourite celebrity uses. Just because we care about it on DTH forum of all places. Doesn't mean anyone else cares.

If you follow Virat Kohli's social media. You will notice that it consists mostly of young people who would care for Hotstar more than Star Sports and Tata Play.

Print this image and take it to streets. And ask people what do they think about it. You will barely find anyone notice or care which DTH their favourite celebrity uses. Just because we care about it on DTH forum of all places. Doesn't mean anyone else cares.

Whether u believe it or not people at large do care about these things which is why brands pay crores to celebs to endorse their products . Quite strange that u made a such a statement bcoz i do know that u r well informed about media promotions / ad industry and what power it has to develop a strong connect or dent a brand's image in mind of consumers

If you follow Virat Kohli's social media. You will notice that it consists mostly of young people who would care for Hotstar more than Star Sports and Tata Play.

I know that but young people also use DTH platforms and above all people from older age groups too are on social media and use DTH Platforms. Also in various homes people from age group 10 to 60 show such pictures or videos even to older generations who then can also notice which brands a celeb is using. These r just a basic outline i gave regarding this topic, it has many other dimensions which play a crucial role in building strong brand awareness and identity not only among consumers but t industry level too

Back
Top Bottom