Got Retention offer from TATA SKY

By law, All the broadcaster bouquets must be offered, provided all the channels in the respective bouquet are available on the platform.
What if tata sky drops 1-2 common available channels in bouquets of major broadcasters

I'm wondering why TS is calling customers now and offering them LDPs if this rule is applicable only for packs before 29-Dec-2018!! I read in multiple threads that the TS consumers are getting these calls!

Brother, this is the simplest thing to decode after gathering knowledge and experience about policies + functioning of dth companies all thru these years .

Tata Sky will call subscribers, give them attractive offers and lure them to activate LDP or Retention Offer by recharging with said amount. Once Tariff Order comes into effect, they will tell the subscriber that TRAI has mandated to discontinue old plans and migrate all subscribers to new regime. Post this they will calculate daily deduction amount for active pack and reverse in customer account, now all this big amount will have to be consumed by subscriber whichever way suits him/her the best.

Basically Tata Sky knows that only way to earn max revenue from now on is to make sure subscriber stays with them for longest period and shells out more, this gameplan is a way to achieve this target

If all DPO will charge same rate for packs why should i change my service provider ?

Yes u r free but not those people who will be having thousands of rupees in dth account which Tata Sky will reverse from actual LDP amount

I'm wondering why TS is calling customers now and offering them LDPs if this rule is applicable only for packs before 29-Dec-2018!! I read in multiple threads that the TS consumers are getting these calls!
TS playing the big brother role again. Are they trying to find some loophole in the law/TRAI guidelines so that they continue in the interest of themselves and their valued consumers?

I sympathise with you. Basically, they are using you guys as captive audience so that they can negotiate with broadcasters and play hardball

There is no scope for negotiations now onwards, those r things of the past. All operators will get channels at same rates, only incentive all of them r eligible for are LCN placement, Reach of channel, etc.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock