GSAT-10 : Discussions, News & Updates

RE: GSAT 10 IS SET TO LAUNCH ON 14 SEPTEMBER.

no source buddy. I heard it about 5-8 months back. Few members were argue on the topic that dish tv offers 90 channels for Rs. 600 for 1 year / lifetime (either of those) which is betrayal with customers because ddd+ will shift into the future & customer can only watch few channels of dish tv & dish tv is betraying to customers. On this basis I truly think ddd+ will move to 83 in to the future & ddd+ plans are too reach to 250 FTA offering within end of 2012 which is totally failed now. According to their plan its clear that GSAT 10 aiming for that. Right?

As i mentioned my reply "I think" & i think that & above are it's basis.

No, ddd+ cant use this satellite. They can use gsat 8 which is 24 ku band satellite and no one using yet.
See the link this is confirm that gsat 10 is only for tata sky
http://wrd.mydigitalfc.com/companies/isro-constraints-weigh-heavily-tata-sky-future-306

maybe GSAT 8. Most possible. Ty.

Sorry for misguide / misundertndng. I forgetting the satellite recently.

Tatasky1 said:
No, ddd+ cant use this satellite. They can use gsat 8 which is 24 ku band satellite and no one using yet.
See the link this is confirm that gsat 10 is only for tata sky
http://wrd.mydigitalfc.com/companies/isro-constraints-weigh-heavily-tata-sky-future-306

ok bro good info but this info dated is 19th July'11 for which 1 yr had past. we want the current info that tata sky will be using GSAT-10 only. These TS are shrewed minded people they may say now they might not be using GSAT-10 as the same involves cost.:):):':)lol

We all knows that Tata sky (in fact all dth )not share any tech. Issue or information with cust like future planning..( or not discuss openly) so we cant get official confirmation about it. It is only unofficially . For example d2h was not share info about migration of st2.

This is official and final news for gsat 10 by isro.
ISRO Chairman K. Radhakrishnan addressesa news conference in Mysore on Saturday.
India’s 3400-kg communication satellite GSAT-10 is now ready to be shipped to the spaceport at Kourou in French Guiana for launch by European space consortium Arianespace intwo months, according to Indian Space Research Organisation Chairman, K Radhakrishnan.
“GSAT-10 with 30 transponders is ready to be shipped for launch. This launch is expected inmiddle of September,” Mr. Radhakrishnan, also Secretary in the Department of Space and Chairman of Space Commission, said on the sidelines of the 39th Scientific Assembly of the Committee on Space Research (COSPAR) being held in Mysore.
Officials of Bangalore-headquartered space agency said it is a three-axis body stabilised geostationary satellite based on ISRO’s three-ton structure to provide communication services/augment existing services. It carries 12 normal C band,six extended C band, 12 Ku band transponders. The satellite will have a minimum operational life of15 years.
Mr. Radhakrishnan said ISRO hopes to conduct flight testing of its Geosynchronous Launch Vehicle (GSLV) with indigenous cryogenic engine and stage by January next year.
GSLV flight with indigenous cryogenic engine and stage conducted by ISRO in April2010 and the one with Russian engine and stagein December that year hadfailed.
“We have done a lot of studies to find out the reason for the failure andtaken corrective actions. We have conducted almost 40 tests on subsystems as well as onthe engine. A couple of weeks ago, flight engine was tested for 200 seconds.
That’s cleared for assembly as a flight stage,” he said.
Cryogenic engine and flight stage should be ready by November. ISRO needs to conduct two more ground tests beforecommitting the flight, whichis expected by the year-end or January next year, Mr,. Radhakrishnan said.
Mr. Radhakrishnan said ISRO planned Chandrayaan-II mission in2014, after successfully conducting two GSLV flights.
ISRO proposed to launch the 1500-kg Astrosat, a multi-wavelength observatory in space next year. Astrosat is thefirst dedicated Indian Astronomy mission, which will enable multi-wavelength observations of the celestial bodies, cosmic sources in X-ray,visible and UV spectral bands simultaneously.
“Within one year, we will be able to launch Astrosatbecause all the instruments are going through final evaluation inthe space environment,” Mr. Radhakrishnan said.
He also said the ‘SARAL’ satellite, a joint ISRO-French Space Agency (CNES) mission, is planned to be launched bya PSLV from Sriharikota spaceport by October-end this year. “The instruments are basically to look at ocean parameters,” he said.
ISRO officials said SARAL would provide data products to the operational and research user communities in support of marine meteorology and sea state forecasting, operational oceanography, seasonal forecasting, climate monitoring, ocean, earth system and climate research
http://zeenews.india.com/news/space/gsat-10-to-be-launched-in-2-months-isro_787644.html
http://m.thehindu.com/sci-tech/science/article3642657.ece/

let us hope for the best. (Tatasky users).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock