GSAT 10 launch date posponed

Greatachiever

Reaction score
Instead of waiting for GSAT 10 launch tata sky can use GSAT 12 which is already launched on 15.07.2011 which carried 12 Extended C-band transponders. somebody plz confirm why tata sky cannot use GSAT 12 or any foreign satellite.

did they already paid a huge advance to ISRO for acquiring GSAT-10 satellite??

gssran said:
Tatasky can't use c band tp.

bro then which band transponders tata sky use i told GSAT 12 as its angle is same of tata sky is 83 degree east.

or any foreign satellite tata sky can acquire instead of GSAT 10 which is getting delayed. any foreign satellite is there which is at same degree of 83 degree east.

i also heard once tata sky get GSAT 10 tata sky will have the capacity to increase the channel count to 400 and each regional channel would be 25.

i also heard that once tata sky get GSAT 10 they will leave the present satellite and move to the new one. am i right.

pl confirm.

gssran said:
Tatasky need KU band Tp, only gsat 10 is only hope for Tatasky now.

what about whether they will move totally to this new satellite as the satellite presently they are using i heard that it had reach its end life.

Ariane 5 rocket will launch Gsat 10 in July -Aug 2012
as Ariane 5 has 2 more launch before gsat 10

15-05-2012 Ariane 5 - VA206 -> Vinasat 2 & JCSAT 13
19-06-2012 Ariane 5 - VA207 -> Jupiter

Tata sky has to wait till Sep end to get tp from Gsat 10 if its launch on july end then need about a month to test the sat

anilsk01 said:
Ariane 5 rocket will launch Gsat 10 in July -Aug 2012
as Ariane 5 has 2 more launch before gsat 10

15-05-2012 Ariane 5 - VA206 -> Vinasat 2 & JCSAT 13
19-06-2012 Ariane 5 - VA207 -> Jupiter

ohh that is why it is launch is getting postponed as they are launching one satellite per month.

can somebody pl tell once the GSAT 10 satellite is launched how long tata sky will take to add all the popular channels that it is missing now??

Well let me clear all. G-Sat 10 is launching this year for sure... It supports both C Band & Ku Band TP's... TATA Sky is not moving to this new SAT... But they will use it along with Insat 4A as both are on Same position 83* E... After the launch TATA Sky will use a few Ku Band TP's of it and add lot more channels... Hope they can ful fill all users dream by this... :)

So till sep end, tatasky users cant get any channel additions ? Am i correct .

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock