GSAT 10 launch date posponed

karthik said:
So till sep end, tatasky users cant get any channel additions ? Am i correct .

i feel if the satellite is launched in July'12 then tata sky will add channels only in Oct'12 in huge numbers as their CEO Harit Nagpal had promised to make the channel count to 400 and each regional channel count to 25.

if they really target this by Oct'12 then i feel tata sky will be too good as you can see regional channel each 25 means good.

pl find the interview with Mr Nagpal CEO though it is old dated July 20 2011 i am sharing with ddf members.

http://www.satellitetoday.com/twitter/Tata-Sky-Frustrated-With-ISRO-GSAT-10-Setbacks_37137.html

More Details of GSAT-10:

GSAT 10 will be the 15th ISRO satellite to use the European launcher. Starting with the Apple experimental satellite on Flight L03 in 1981, Arianespace has orbited 13 Indian satellites to date. Arianespace has another Indian satellite in its order book, INSAT 4G (GSAT-8).

Telecommunications services for India

GSAT 10 is designed, assembled and integrated by ISRO. Weighing about 3,425 kg. at launch, it has payloads for communications, navigation and broadcasting (DTH). Positioned at 83 degrees East, its primary payload comprises 12 Ku-band transponders, 12 C-band and 12 Extended C-band transponders. GSAT 10 coverage zone will include the entire Indian sub-continent. The satellite’s design life exceeds 15 years.

The launch is slated for July-Aug'12, using an Ariane 5 from the Guiana Space Center, Europe’s Spaceport, in Kourou, French Guiana.

gsat 10 to be launch in july-aug. Then 3-4 months they testing satelite then tata sky will use it.

Niraj Rathod said:
gsat 10 to be launch in july-aug. Then 3-4 months they testing satelite then tata sky will use it.

ohh then i feel this year new channel addition is not possible as testing will go on till Oct'12 if the satellite is launched in July'12 so from Jan'13 tata sky can add channels??

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock