Gsat 14 coming in next month

vijay mahanta

Reaction score
Friends, Gsat 14 is scheduled to launch in Jan-Feb 2013. After waiting for long time for Gsat 10 now we hope for this new bird. It will carry 6 Ku band & 6 C band transponders. It will help specially for Tata sky users who are waiting for Gsat 10 , God knows what has happen to it. All the best !!!!:c

friend how it help tatasky?please give me more details!

GSAT-14 has been envisaged as the communications satellite to be flown on the GSLV D5 developmental Launch Vehicle, which will be the second flight of the indigenous cryogenic stage. The spacecraft of I2K class will be stationed in Geostationary Orbit at 74º E and will augment the available communications capacity for domestic requirements at Extended C and Ku Bands. It will also carry two Ka Band beacons for propagation studies. Quick realization, emphasis on robust heritage, and minimal need for new design inputs, have been the broad guiding philosophies in the payload development program.

The payload was integrated in record time and dispatched to ISAC, Bangalore on 21st March, 2012.

so, back to square one? We need to wait for another satellite to launch, then wait for its success, testing , etc ...damn...:wall

it will not give any benefits to ts because its orbital position is 74e & it is the replacement of edusat.

Wrong info ............ this is a replacement for Gsat 3 EDUSAT educational satelite used by various Govt institues and collges not ment for Tata sky : source
GSat 14

How many Gsat (8,10,12,14) come untill they are not functional no use of such threads just wastage of time.All Gsat series not working till date ???

Friends, Plz check out Flysat Satellite Launches 2013, Gsat 14 will place on 83 degree east, which is the same orbit of Insat 4A.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock