HATHWAY ON DIGITISATION

Anil.HD

Reaction score
source-http://www.scatmag.com/article9.htm

One of the ambitious tasks that the I&B ministry set for itself is the digitisation of cable services in India by December 2014 and the first step towards achieving this has been its progressive march towards cable digitisation in four key metros in India, namely New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai. However, after carefully assessing ground realties, there have occurred indications that the smooth transition from analog to digital has not been satisfactory and this in turn has forced the Ministry of I&B to extend the deadline for a complete switchover from June 30th 2012 to October 31, 2012, we see this move as definitely helping MSOs to gear up and ensure a seamless transition is in place on ground.

Hathway has already geared up in the first phase of digitization and has undertaken all necessary measures to create awareness among local cable operators through regular training sessions on how this move will be a positive step to all stakeholders involved. Negotiations with Broadcasters and LCOs are already taking place rapidly and our partners that include LCOs as well as customers are increasingly showing their commitment and cooperation in meeting the set deadline. Mr. K Jayaraman, MD & CEO of Hathway Cable and Datacom Limited said, “Hathway has always been committed to providing consumers with the best digital cable tv experience and we have been preparing to bring consumers a seamless move from analogue to digital cable TV.

This is an old news.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock