"HBO Defined HD & HBO Hits HD" Added on Tatasky

• Thread starter Gssran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 157
  • Views: Views 26,362
Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to unsubscribe hbo premium next month because content not good like star movies and movies now.

samtag1100 said:
Let them do whatever they want to do, by March we are going to have a very good alternative in term of Reliance Jio tv and free dish with something around 200 free channels and other 4G based live TV to ur homes...overall this year before ending will change the game for DTH.

In short

From 1992 to 2003 cable tv ruled the show
From 2004 to 2014 DTH ruled the show
From 2015 onwards internet will rule the show for all kind of connectivity and entertainment.

So like cable tv, now DTH also has to be careful regarding the price, at the most they can loot us for the next 6 months, then we will have alternatives.....

IPTV deployment in India requires radical transformation and up gradation of the existing Internet infrastructure in India.

Even in the United States, where the Internet infrastructure is quiet well built, the DTH and Cable networks form a significant market share.

I think R-Jio venture will radically transform BB (& other related services like IPTV) picture in India considering Reliance's nature of doing business, their pan-India 4G spectrum & scale of operation. Also they are the first to enter in this foray all over India.

NinadG said:
I think R-Jio venture will radically transform BB (& other related services like IPTV) picture in India considering Reliance's nature of doing business, their pan-India 4G spectrum & scale of operation. Also they are the first to enter in this foray all over India.

Let's hope for the best, NinadG bro. Technical advancement of one service provider will push the others as well to provide the best, which ultimately is good for the consumers.

First of all it is not IPTV that we know. It will be direct to ur home just like DTH. It will be cheaper for those how are using broadband at home. If for around 1000 bucks u can get unlimited internet (with Wi-Fi on all gadgets) and TV including HD/3D content along with special 4K content, then it will be far better where ever it will be available. Fiber optic cable will be used only in areas where there is no possibility to get good signal via air. 4G will always be cheaper than 3G. I am not saying DTH will get removed...I am saying with this getting a good run, expensive DTHs will have to work out prices and that will be good for us.

Same way if ur cable guys says u need to pay 400 per month, u will say get off my back, I will be better off with DTH....day will come when DTH may demand around 700 rupees in month for all the channels....we will say get of our back, we will better paying a few more and get both internet and tv...

samtag1100 said:
First of all it is not IPTV that we know. It will be direct to ur home just like DTH. It will be cheaper for those how are using broadband at home. If for around 1000 bucks u can get unlimited internet (with Wi-Fi on all gadgets) and TV including HD/3D content along with special 4K content, then it will be far better where ever it will be available. Fiber optic cable will be used only in areas where there is no possibility to get good signal via air. 4G will always be cheaper than 3G. I am not saying DTH will get removed...I am saying with this getting a good run, expensive DTHs will have to work out prices and that will be good for us.

Same way if ur cable guys says u need to pay 400 per month, u will say get off my back, I will be better off with DTH....day will come when DTH may demand around 700 rupees in month for all the channels....we will say get of our back, we will better paying a few more and get both internet and tv...

Okay, got you. I was thinking Reliance Jio's TV would be IPTV.

So it would be a bundled service, right? In the United States, AT&T is providing Internet, Digital TV, Phone (aka. Landline) and Video-on-Demand all rolled into a single coaxial cable and providing the services.

Link: AT&T U-verse Packages - Popular TV, Internet & Voice Bundles

Are you sure the internet will truly be unlimited? Currently the concept of unlimited internet in India is good 3G / 4G speed upto subscribed GB limit and heavily throttled internet speed thereafter at no additional charge.

Also, given the fact that 4G is mobile wireless technology, it is susceptible to network congestion as is the case with current 3G / 4G networks. Not sure if live hi-def or higher video application on such networks would be a good experience in the long run.

jdrocks said:
Are you sure the internet will truly be unlimited? Currently the concept of unlimited internet in India is good 3G / 4G speed upto subscribed GB limit and heavily throttled internet speed thereafter at no additional charge.

Also, given the fact that 4G is mobile wireless technology, it is susceptible to network congestion as is the case with current 3G / 4G networks. Not sure if live hi-def or higher video application on such networks would be a good experience in the long run.

I guess your question is directed at 'samtag1100', but I'd like to have a word.

I agree with you, one cannot bank on 3G/4G networks to provide Digital TV services. The infrastructure is expensive, not reliable for such real-time, high bandwidth, large consumer base applications.

Yes this is the difference in India that it will be all and all wireless tech. They will place an antenna on ur baloney or so. As far as speeds are concerned, as I have said already that till date in trial run, they are claiming to have got speed up to 50 whereas tech is capable to giving up to 100 (on paper). So now as with our experience, we get around 1/4 what they say, so in any case we are going to get at lest more than 10-12 mps speed (where it is available in full glory).

Most important point in this thing is that they have included live TV including HD feeds, so they have to make sure of a minimum speed. So all in all, either it will work this way only or it will not work at all and that is why a long testing is going on with this.

Plus being wireless, it has potential to get client in big way at least in 4 major cities.

As far as signal problem is concerned, it will be same as in case of DTH during rain...

It will be a bundled service but not just via cable, it will be through small dish and wire only they will not get good signal. In starting some problem may come but soon things will get improved...just wait for a few months guys....till then enjoy excellent pic of HBO hits and defined...

Now where there is no spectrum suitable for such high speed, even there they will be making it compatible working with 3G sets also, so more speed on 3G sets than now....

Plus in future, more players will come into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock