HD Chanells with Dolby Digital / Dolby Digital Plus Sound Bitrate.

Typically, broadcasters and other service providers deliver Dolby Digital 5.1-channel audio at an average data rate of 384 kbps. The latest Dolby Digital Plus encoding enhancements will reduce the data rate required by 50 percent—to 192 kbps—thanks to extensive research into algorithm optimizations.
Airtel using minimum 256 kbps DD+, which is approx. equal to 640 kbps DD
Sun TV HD having DD 640kbps

jayanji said:
Typically, broadcasters and other service providers deliver Dolby Digital 5.1-channel audio at an average data rate of 384 kbps. The latest Dolby Digital Plus encoding enhancements will reduce the data rate required by 50 percent—to 192 kbps—thanks to extensive research into algorithm optimizations.
Airtel using minimum 256 kbps DD+, which is approx. equal to 640 kbps DD
Sun TV HD having DD 640kbps
Dolby digital plus channel already providing 640 kbps DD. But Star Sport HD 3 provide 384 kbps both DD and DD+ on both audio check my SS.
9c8ceab4cc63dcbe1a38ca7bcf87aee0.jpg
783f6732c2f75d6d43da5bdd9b902aec.jpg

dritesh007 said:
Dolby digital plus channel already providing 640 kbps DD. But Star Sport HD 3 provide 384 kbps both DD and DD+ on both audio

I will try to check in the evening; once reach home

Also update the 1st post Sun TV HD DD signal is 640 kbps (This is the only channel direct DD - 640 in Airtel)

jayanji said:
I will try to check in the evening; once reach home

Also update the 1st post Sun TV HD DD signal is 640 kbps (This is the only channel direct DD - 640 in Airtel)
is Star Sports HD3 providing 7.1 Dolby D+ cause as per Dolby website it,s says "7.1 channels can be delivered at data rates as low as 384 kbps" and my HT is 5.1 but it says 384 kbps DD+
plese confim Jayanji or some one ....

Star sports HD 3 is 5.1 only
This channel is not encoded in DD+ by star , Airtel is made it from a normal DD

Airtel Has not added any channels for 3 weeks now..They have still not added popular HD channels Like AXN HD,Animal Planet HD,TLC HD and so on.

Hi all,

I just purchased Sony IV300. Still it is in the box.. need to configure when i go home during onam vacation :D . I have some more questions..please help me..would be much appreciated..as am not a techie person :(
Am using videocon d2h and samsung 32LED FHD smart TV (NO ARC)
1)How do we understand that the channels is coming with 5.1DD or 2.1 output with bit rate (I saw the snap posted by one friend here) What would be the option that we need to take in IV300 to get that display of audio frequency in TV screen
2)My TV does not comes with ARC. So is that mean I will not get 5.1 through normal HDMI while connecting from HT to normal HDMI port of TV?
3) Do we get 5.1 DD+ output if we play the file through USB if the file is compatible for DD+?

Eagerly awaiting you guys replies :)

nitzmagik said:
Hi all,

I just purchased Sony IV300. Still it is in the box.. need to configure when i go home during onam vacation :D . I have some more questions..please help me..would be much appreciated..as am not a techie person :(
Am using videocon d2h and samsung 32LED FHD smart TV (NO ARC)
1)How do we understand that the channels is coming with 5.1DD or 2.1 output with bit rate (I saw the snap posted by one friend here) What would be the option that we need to take in IV300 to get that display of audio frequency in TV screen
2)My TV does not comes with ARC. So is that mean I will not get 5.1 through normal HDMI while connecting from HT to normal HDMI port of TV?
3) Do we get 5.1 DD+ output if we play the file through USB if the file is compatible for DD+?

Eagerly awaiting you guys replies :)

Buddy.. forget about ARC. If you have optical input in your HT then you are good to go.

You will have optical output in Airtel HD setup box and Optical input in your HT.. so buy an optical cable then you are good to go.

I recently brought SONY E3200 HT and did the same.. My TV supports ARC and has optical output too but i still connected it directly to my setup box.

Hope im not wrong here.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock