Seeking Help Help needed regarding deactivation of a channel

• Thread starter zep
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 1,084

zep

Reaction score
OK so I had the bharat pack with full on HD which was costing me 100+225=325 rupees. Before the world cup I activated Sony Ten 3 which was 50 per month. Now I want to deactivate it. But when I called customer care they told me that the Bharat pack must have an extra add on with it and Sony Ten 3 is acting as that add on now and I can't deactivate it without activating another add on. Is anyone here aware of this? What are my options now? I argued with them for like 20 mins but they were adamant about it. I even talked to a supervisor. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Yes you need to have minimum one add on and you have full on HD already,do not talk to customer care Just go to DTH(Direct To Home) Service Provider India, HD/SD Set Top Box –DishTV and then go to login and create an account and deactivate the pack by going to option Modify add on pack your self option.If this option is not working on day one after 30 days lockin is over it will work on second attempt on next day.Still one option is there to add one any Sd channel for Rs10 and then deleting this expensive sports pack.I think it will work.By chance it does not work which never happened to me go to Twiitter/facebook handle of DishTV.They work faster there?as they get bad name on public platform

Last edited:
I checked the Dish TV website and there's indeed something about availing an entertainment/regional pack at the bottom of the Bharat pack as you can see below. I don't think I have seen this before and this might be a new thing. Anyone here know more about this? If yes what are my options? I am looking for the cheapest option as I don't watch TV much and usually bharat pack+full on HD is more than good enough for me.

651Jhu0.png

Yes you need to have minimum one add on and you have full on HD already,do not talk to customer care Just go to DTH(Direct To Home) Service Provider India, HD/SD Set Top Box –DishTV and then go to login and create an account and deactivate the pack by going to option Modify add on pack your self option.If this option is not working on day one after 30 days lockin is over it will work on second attempt on next day.By chance it does not work which never happened to me go to Twiitter/facebook handle of DishTV.They work faster there?as they get bad name on public platform

Thank you for your reply. I did try to deactivate it online as my lock in period is already over. I tried it several times, but it said the request has been registered but it never got deactivated. The customer care rep told me that I need to have a SD add on. Also as you can see on the picture above there's something on the website I haven't seen before. This could be their new scheme or something. I will try the twitter option if nothing else works thanks.

Thank you for your reply. I did try to deactivate it online as my lock in period is already over. I tried it several times, .....
Dear Bro did you try the other way around ? I mean if your read @stiwari post it says "...Still one option is there to add one any Sd channel for Rs10 and then deleting this expensive sports pack.I think it will work. "..... He mean to say first add a SD Channel & wait .... and when it (SD Channel) gets activated in your account then try to delete sports pack ...." .. did you get it what I mean to say ?

Dear Bro did you try the other way around ? I mean if your read @stiwari post it says "...Still one option is there to add one any Sd channel for Rs10 and then deleting this expensive sports pack.I think it will work. "..... He mean to say first add a SD Channel & wait .... and when it (SD Channel) gets activated in your account then try to delete sports pack ...." .. did you get it what I mean to say ?

Yeah I did try that but it didn't work. The connection is actually for my parents and as it turned out they wanted a regional add on anyway. So I activated that and deleted Sony Ten 3. So it worked out fine.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock