Help: Signal Lock in Tata Sky after Master Reset

• Thread starter jdev
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 225,245
Techinician bhi aa gaye vo bhi nahi kar paya kal aane ko bol k gaya. Techinician ne Antina ko set kiya ya lnb setting ko tell me

lovekapasan said:
Techinician bhi aa gaye vo bhi nahi kar paya kal aane ko bol k gaya. Techinician ne Antina ko set kiya ya lnb setting ko tell me

My problem got solved by readjusting the LNB. Adjust/Turn the LNB till "Tata Sky" text is shown under the "lock symbol" in screen shot I have posted. It may be not near the current LNB setting. Now adjust the LNB such that signal quality is maximum.

My problem got solved temporarily. But in regional channels "Signal Quality" is 10% and for hindi/english entertainment channels is 50-60%. But I dont know whether I was able to receive any signals from vertical polarity as I changed the LNB position.

Already reported to Tatasky and expecting a technician visit. Everyone in tatasky is facing this issue , so I think immediate help is not available. Now just able to watch channels after two days of "No Signal".

Is there anyway I can improve "Signal Quality" as someone say higher signal quality is good

Finally, I would like to thank all of you for the help and support you provided.

Help: Signal Lock in Tata Sky after Master Reset[Solved temporarily]

Good that your problem solved, enjoy.

RE: Help: Signal Lock in Tata Sky after Master Reset[Solved temporarily]

signal problem can be solved easily if you have digital signal meter, input all tatasky tps in the meter and just connect to tata sky dish and just tune to get higher signal quality by rotating lnb and dish.
I solved tata sky signal problem my self by using above method. Now all channels are coming and signal quality 85%, and i have solid digital signal meter.

Its not signal problem, signal is full but its not getting locked either due to polarity, or because they deactivated my SIM, or something else. Tatasky technician as usual blamed that the box is faulty, and wanted to take it away for checking, and if found faulty I will need to pay for a new box (old box is unlikely to be returned! so I did not let them take it). Every other day they visit, try to do something, give me some BS and then they go. Is there a better DTH provider?

1. Once the signal screen comes you must press the "SELECT BUTTON" on the remote to save the settings.
once you pressed select button switch off and pull out the plug from mains

2. Remove your settop box plug from mains, then remove satellite cable from settop box. then switch on the settop box, no signal will come,now attach the satellite cable to settop box, once the signal screen come press
select button on your remote to save the setting, and then switch off the settop box completely from mains and on it again, you will land on first channel immediately.( I do this method a lot of times in past 6 years in my tatasky settop box.

3. Then the tough part you done a master reset so some of software in chip may be corrupted

Update:
Finally technician from tatasky came without satellite finder meter after one and a half months since "No signal" issue is reported. He suggested me a dish upgrade which cost around 700-800 to sort all the problems because I was using older dish which is smaller.

Anyone using tatasky old dish having this problem. How much it actually cost for dish upgrade?

Now the problem has increased and picture is getting stuck continuously in regional channels. Other channels are working fine. Regional channels signal quality is almost zero which is in other channels around 60.

Does dish realignment solve the problem? I have done LNB alignment but no further optimization is possible. Is it a problem with my dish or its alignment. Anyone using older dish is having this problem? How much it cost for dish upgrade/change? Please reply.

yes I changed my dish 5-6 months ago. I was also faced signal issues to watch HD channels. Finally after research I call TS to change my dish, he told me new dish cost around 600-700rs with lnb, technician come and replace only dish and I asked for lnb replacement he tell no lnb in kit you have to pay 150rs extra for new lnb and no problem in your lnb. Surprisingly after 1 month TS charged me only visit charges.
Finally I want to say yes old dish affects on your signal

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock