how to connect one stb to another stb

Er. Dhananjay

Reaction score
i have one stb for ddd+ and one for rdtv. how to connect these stb's to one tv. av splitter is ok but is there any other solution?

Nigam Shah said:
install 2 tvs

Thanks for the advice but read the first post carefully, OP wanted to connect both STB to one TV only..... :c

Easy ways:
1. Connect one STB with AV and another with RF
2. Use 2 RCA cables and connect one STB to AV1 IN and other to AV2 IN if TV has 2 AV IN ports.

If you want to experiment: (all these steps will work on FTA STBs not sure about RDTV)
1. Take RF out from both STB, connect to a signal modulator/ RF joiner. Take the output and connect it to TV
2. Take RF out from one STB, connect to RF IN of other STB (if it has one) and take the AV out of he second STB and connect it to TV
3. If the RDTV box is DiSEqC compatible and can scan FTA then use a DiSEqC switch and connect both LNB IN to RDTV STB and connect to TV.

I think RDTV have Component Connection . If ur TV have Component then use it for RDTV and Composite for DDD+ if ur TV have those options. Else use Composite [AV ] and RF and that too available in RDTV STB AFAIK.

mmadhankumar said:
Easy ways:
1. Connect one STB with AV and another with RF
2. Use 2 RCA cables and connect one STB to AV1 IN and other to AV2 IN if TV has 2 AV IN ports.

If you want to experiment: (all these steps will work on FTA STBs not sure about RDTV)
1. Take RF out from both STB, connect to a signal modulator/ RF joiner. Take the output and connect it to TV
2. Take RF out from one STB, connect to RF IN of other STB (if it has one) and take the AV out of he second STB and connect it to TV
3. If the RDTV box is DiSEqC compatible and can scan FTA then use a DiSEqC switch and connect both LNB IN to RDTV STB and connect to TV.

+2 Reps for easy & experimental answer given by mmadhankumar
Its a big problem that mostly DTH operator don't allow FTA scan... :wall

mmadhankumar said:
Well i had used this method but the PQ bcomes low in 1 connection . I had used few years ago as at that time only RF was available in TV . Now good quality Multi RF joiner may be available,.

Well have a look >

2 Way with Switch to change the connection

3Pnbj.jpg

3 Way without Switch

iePaW.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock