Discussion Is airtel against TRAI policy?

Elvin Paul

Contributor
Reaction score
Dear members, this was in my head for a while. As per TRAI rule, a provider should allow the subscriber to choose his/her package. This means that the subscriber has full control over the channels on the connection irrespective of pay or not. But, consider the NCF pack on airtel. It is filled with many FTA channels and some pay channels as well. But, I don't wish to have all those in my connection. What is the solution?

And this FTA pack is not available on the portal and has to be activated only through customer care which is weird. I couldn't find an option on the app to make my own pack from scratch even though ready to pay the full NCF price of ₹153. Is this how it should work? What are your thoughts?

FTA Complimentary Pack both ROI an South Variant r listed on airtel app, just go to Airtel Services section in ur DTH package page and there u wil see it listed under "Airtel" or "Other" Category. Also u can add or remove it as per ur choice

Make My Pack option is available but yes in the new interface of Airtel App same is not listed but u can call customer care to choose this option wherein u can remove all channels including "FTA Complimentary Bouquet" and later add channels as oer ur liking on airtel app

The best way is go to trai app and change your pack.Iam black customer there is no way to customise your pack but u can do it with the trai app Currently iam using fta+ telugu regional hd(190/ month) with star 4k.
I have activated 6 month telugu hd pack but it is same as 190/ month

FTA Complimentary Pack both ROI an South Variant r listed on airtel app, just go to Airtel Services section in ur DTH package page and there u wil see it listed under "Airtel" or "Other" Category. Also u can add or remove it as per ur choice

Make My Pack option is available but yes in the new interface of Airtel App same is not listed but u can call customer care to choose this option wherein u can remove all channels including "FTA Complimentary Bouquet" and later add channels as oer ur liking on airtel app

The best way is go to trai app and change your pack.Iam black customer there is no way to customise your pack but u can do it with the trai app Currently iam using fta+ telugu regional hd(190/ month) with star 4k.
I have activated 6 month telugu hd pack but it is same as 190/ month
I removed the free bundles pack from airtel app and another bundle via TRAI channel selector app to remove all FTA channels. But, I faced issues with addition of channels after that. Many channels showed error code 4. Tried refreshing the account several times and it didn't help. At last I had to call the customer care to do a refresh from their end to view the channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock