Is Chennai really on Arasu's Map??

RE: TN CM wants DAS license for Arasu without Delay, Arasu entering Chennai anytime??

HOUSE-MD said:
Thambidurai becomes Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker. Will this bring DAS license for Arasu to serve Chennai or will Arasu still drag its best (already successful dragging for the last 3 years) till next state (2016) or national (2019) elections?

NDA govt sees only huge tax revenue from DTH connection through digitisation but fail to recognize people benefit from Arasu cable..

TN People waited for 3 years for DAS license and digital service from TN govt.

Luckily centre haven't rejected TN plea but put decision on hold.

All Arasu can do is start seed STB in Chennai & TN with their existing CAS License along with Broadband services.

RE: TN CM wants DAS license for Arasu without Delay, Arasu entering Chennai anytime??

aravindan said:
NDA govt sees only huge tax revenue from DTH connection through digitisation but fail to recognize people benefit from Arasu cable..

TN People waited for 3 years for DAS license and digital service from TN govt.

Luckily centre haven't rejected TN plea but put decision on hold.

All Arasu can do is start seed STB in Chennai & TN with their existing CAS License along with Broadband services.

I'm not even expecting a digital service, i would be happier even with an analogue if they can offer good quality signals so we can have upto 70 good quality channels (20 - 30 more channels than current MSO) but they never seem to want to enter otherwise there is absolutely nothing to stop them unless they never wanted to enter Chennai in the first place.

HOUSE-MD said:
I'm not even expecting a digital service, i would be happier even with an analogue if they can offer good quality signals so we can have upto 70 good quality channels (20 - 30 more channels than current MSO) but they never seem to want to enter otherwise there is absolutely nothing to stop them unless they never wanted to enter Chennai in the first place.

If you have to wait. you will end up waiting for another 10 yrs, by that time TRAI would say HD would be default broadcast format in india. Arasu may be will start analogue cable in chennai for 100Rs after 10 yrs with 100 channels and there would be no takers . :D

Satvijay said:
If you have to wait. you will end up waiting for another 10 yrs, by that time TRAI would say HD would be default broadcast format in india. Arasu may be will start analogue cable in chennai for 100Rs after 10 yrs with 100 channels and there would be no takers . :D

If the LCO can guarantee either of an refund or exchange offer for a new STB then these issues wont even arise in the first place. The reason for such a long delay in moving to DAS isn't the MSO alone but the LCO who keep denying the public of an STB.

So even if 10 year passed and if TRAI stays silent and the LCO's stay stubborn then people would never move to DAS no matter which MSO tries whatever.

Today i called my LCO and asked for an STB and he immediately told me to wait as this isn't the right time to go DAS that too when there is no proper confirmation about the MSO. :-/ :-/

Now tell me how would one go DAS?? :clap :clap

It's not the people just waiting, but they have no option to both get an STB and view all the pay channels. They are just struck with no option to go anywhere. :huh :huh

HOUSE-MD said:
If the LCO can guarantee either of an refund or exchange offer for a new STB then these issues wont even arise in the first place. The reason for such a long delay in moving to DAS isn't the MSO alone but the LCO who keep denying the public of an STB.

So even if 10 year passed and if TRAI stays silent and the LCO's stay stubborn then people would never move to DAS no matter which MSO tries whatever.

Today i called my LCO and asked for an STB and he immediately told me to wait as this isn't the right time to go DAS that too when there is no proper confirmation about the MSO. :-/ :-/

Now tell me how would one go DAS?? :clap :clap

It's not the people just waiting, but they have no option to both get an STB and view all the pay channels. They are just struck with no option to go anywhere. :huh :huh

No LCO can guarentee any thing for now. Even TN govt does not know if arasu can enter chennai or not, if thats the case how will your LCO guarentee it? your options are simple here, either stay with SCV analogue till the turf is over or move to DTH. or another simple viable option, buy a 2nd hand Scv STB from olx.in for approx Rs500 and enjoy the channels which are given through scv digital as long as scv is there or just for years to come with a hope that arasu will come. if you cannot take the risk of RS500 then you have no choice, just watch the detoriated quality of the analogue channels ( whichever is given in SCV and not compare with TCCL or arasu analogue channels).

Satvijay said:
Buy a 2nd hand Scv STB from olx.in for approx Rs500 and enjoy the channels which are given through scv digital as long as scv is there or just for years to come with a hope that arasu will come. if you cannot take the risk of RS500 then you have no choice, just watch the detoriated quality of the analogue channels ( whichever is given in SCV and not compare with TCCL or arasu analogue channels).

Will the MSO permit usage of second hand STB? There are several topics online where signals to STB's were disconnected claiming the STB to be under someone else ownership though the STB was brought via the LCO.

So the question here is will the LCO agree to second hand STB and even if he agrees will the MSO continue signals to old STB with no proper ownership?

Also i learned the MSO retains the STB ownership and subscribers only have the right to use it with certain conditions, selling or exchanging STB to others may be against these conditions.

aravindan said:
Is it possible to provide some analog channels, digital cable services and broadband services together? (Need answer from a technical person).

Yes, under CAS the same cable can carry analogue channels (un-encrypted), digital channels (encrypted) and value added services like Video on Demand (VOD) and broadband internet are possible based on the type of STB used, as these additional features rely entirely on the STB and not on the type of cable used (in most cases).

So with the available CAS license even the broadband Internet is possible.

So the question here is not "Is it possible" but "Will they really do it"??

RE: Does Arasu really wants to serve Chennai??

HOUSE-MD said:
Will the MSO permit usage of second hand STB? There are several topics online where signals to STB's were disconnected claiming the STB to be under someone else ownership though the STB was brought via the LCO.

So the question here is will the LCO agree to second hand STB and even if he agrees will the MSO continue signals to old STB with no proper ownership?

Also i learned the MSO retains the STB ownership and subscribers only have the right to use it with certain conditions, selling or exchanging STB to others may be against these conditions.

you can for sure, the ownership will be in someone name thats it. you can continue to pay for the pack with ur lco thats it. No LCO will say that you cannot as long as you pay your LCO, you can say to your LCO that your friend or your relative gave you as he is leaving chennai. even my friend is using it that way. ( this is not a illegal connection this is just a legal connection in someone's name. you are still paying you LCO and SCV, or you can buy a new smart card in your name from LCO/SCV and use it on this hardware( STB).) indeed sometime before the STB were given for rent( where someone is not owning the STB) he only pays for the pack. if you still cannot go for it .. leave this option. the forum is always open for you to crib. :D even for investing Rs500 if you want guarentee etc you will never go anywhere

actv.JPG

All our money is going on things which is not going to materialize, why dont govt stop this and do something else which is really benefits people.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock