Is Chennai really on Arasu's Map??

RE: Does Arasu really wants to serve Chennai??

sathishbabu4u said:
i don't think Arasu will get DAS license.
So now SCV have full control in chennai and will force at any time to purchase STB and slowly increase the monthly rental.

Well said. All praise goes to Arasu, now all route now clear for SCV to take charge and make use of the situation.

is it anywhere mentioned like SCV going full digital after Jan 1.
Or Analogue will continue after Jan 1?

sathishbabu4u said:

No, but it was rumored that STB has to be got before 29 Dec else Analogue will get disconnected, but since no official statement from SCV this could be a tactic to force/ speedup people to get the SCV STB as soon as possible.

Whatever it is, seeing the style we wont have much tamil channels too after 2/5 Jan. Only 2 eng channels movies now and sony pix went off air this week and no idea if it is available.

So soon other channels may follow suite and most tamil channels also may go off air soon after 1st Jan and we will be left with only Sun network channels and may be some tamil channels, but we pay the same subscription fees.

If either of these happens then we are lucky,

1: SCV gives best package and guarantees neutrality towards channels and gives all channels without partiality. OR

2: Arasu gets DAS licence, procures all STB and provides best quality and package for a good price. OR

3: Some LCO's form a team and bring STB for a decent price and good package. OR

4: DTH become affordable.

Don't know which might happen or chennai people would be left in dark as usual in between the fight/drama within these selfish MSO people.

pearlpearl said:
sathishbabu4u said:

1: SCV gives best package and guarantees neutrality towards channels and gives all channels without partiality. :D

2: Arasu gets DAS licence, procures all STB and provides best quality and package for a good price. :huh

3: Some LCO's form a team and bring STB for a decent price and good package. :k

4: DTH become affordable. :skd

Don't know which might happen or chennai people would be left in dark as usual in between the fight/drama within these selfish MSO people.:wall

pearlpearl said:
BaLaG said:
From morning cable tv channels are changing in my area... they added some pay channels and then blank :u

Hi, can you please tell which Area or Zone and the MSO that is making these changes? I'm sure something big is going to happen in cable network in Chennai before this new year or Pongal otherwise SCV wont speed up digitization this fast.

Mylapore.Lot of new tamil channels were available including GTV, LOTUS NEWS, 7S MUSIC. None of these are available in SCV. And Puthiya Thalaimurai was in good frequency. Also there were english movie channels, Hindi channels. I am not sure whether it was JAK or ARASU.

BaLaG said:
pearlpearl said:
BaLaG said:
From morning cable tv channels are changing in my area... they added some pay channels and then blank :u

Hi, can you please tell which Area or Zone and the MSO that is making these changes? I'm sure something big is going to happen in cable network in Chennai before this new year or Pongal otherwise SCV wont speed up digitization this fast.

Mylapore.Lot of new tamil channels were available including GTV, LOTUS NEWS, 7S MUSIC. None of these are available in SCV. And Puthiya Thalaimurai was in good frequency. Also there were english movie channels, Hindi channels. I am not sure whether it was JAK or ARASU.

Thanks.

Regarding Jak, i learned that they connect mugapair and they were giving all pay channels with free STB for Rs 150 pm. And the quality also seemed to be well. but this was some 10 - 15 months back, so dont know if it is the same condition.

Regarding Arasu, i believe that they have a very few connections in and around Nungambakkam, but unable to verify.

Glad that Mylapore is lucky to have some free air from these MSO monsters.

Regarding puthiya thalaimurai, SCV will never allow it and 2 reasons are being said,

1: Puthiya thalaimurai is a huge threat to SCV's favorite SUN NEWS, also puthiya thalaimurai seems to show news that Govt doesn't want people to see.

2: SCV asked 20 Crore as connecting fees (10 crore last year) which puthiyathalaimurai denied.

any advt channel from scv or jak

SCV blocked most of the channels .. even Surya TV is not available now. Some times Gemini, Vijay TV , Tamil and English News Channels also goes off. only SUN and other tamil channels are there all the time. Other channels already goes off. We are paying same amount Rs. 120 for these less channels. Nobody will allow and give subscription if it continues after Jan 1st. So SCV will surely move digital in the New year and try to take chennai market with STB or sundirect dth.

sathishbabu4u said:
SCV blocked most of the channels .. even Surya TV is not available now. Some times Gemini, Vijay TV , Tamil and English News Channels also goes off. only SUN and other tamil channels are there all the time. Other channels already goes off. We are paying same amount Rs. 120 for these less channels. Nobody will allow and give subscription if it continues after Jan 1st. So SCV will surely move digital in the New year and try to take chennai market with STB or sundirect dth.

Yes, only Sun network, Kalaignar tv network, Raj tv, vijay tv and polimer are available and they too with very frequent that annoying SCV digital AD stopping all the programs. Even gemini goes off most times and surya not available. all movies channels and discovery gone. sometimes times now and cnnIBN comes.

Yes, surely most people will not renew subscription and may go to DTH because if we give Rs 999 now then if Arasu comes SCV will get back their STB and wont give back the money since we pay Rs 999 only for connecting and not for STB so its a waste.

Lets see what happens after Jan 1, i cant pay the same price for only a dozen free to air tamil channels. I have a few choices but my home opposes, Airtel DTH, TATASKY and Dish. Dont know where these useless MSO people are going to leave these chennai people in.

BaLaG said:
pearlpearl said:
BaLaG said:

BaLaG: It seems you copied the words from my post in another forum. Please refer the screenshot attached. :'(

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock