Is it true?

• Thread starter Thread starter fazilahimad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 7
  • Views Views: Views 4,699

fazilahimad

Banned
Reaction score
I heard a thing and I am posting this to confirm that.
Covering LNB with a cup will help to get signal in rainy season.
I also saw something lime that also. Is it true?

Few things I like to share:

#The reason we get "no signal" during rain is not because of rain.

#During rain the "LNB" gets wet (ofcourse everything gets wet) and they DO NOT work properly when they are wet.

#However LNBs are manufactured in such a way that it gets dried quickly.

#Now, coming to your query, covering the lnb with a plastic cup or cover will delay the time taken by LNB to get wet. So, yes it will help to get signal for a longer time during rain.

#But, there is a problem. There are chances that the cup/cover can be pierced by birds or gets cracked. And due to that, if by any chance the rain gets inside the cup/cover and the lnb gets wet, then not only you will get no signal but also the LNB will take longer time to get dry as it is covered by plastic now. And as said above, lnb will not work properly till its dry. So it may not help as well.

If thats true then why dont we cover the LNB with polythene and cello tapes? We can cover it from all sides so the water will never touch the LNB. Will it work?

mmadhankumar said:
Few things I like to share:

#The reason we get "no signal" during rain is not because of rain.

#During rain the "LNB" gets wet (ofcourse everything gets wet) and they DO NOT work properly when they are wet.

#However LNBs are manufactured in such a way that it gets dried quickly.

#Now, coming to your query, covering the lnb with a plastic cup or cover will delay the time taken by LNB to get wet. So, yes it will help to get signal for a longer time during rain.

#But, there is a problem. There are chances that the cup/cover can be pierced by birds or gets cracked. And due to that, if by any chance the rain gets inside the cup/cover and the lnb gets wet, then not only you will get no signal but also the LNB will take longer time to get dry as it is covered by plastic now. And as said above, lnb will not work properly till its dry. So it may not help as well.

But I have read somewhere that Ku band signal gets absorbed by water molecules. :u That's why no signal comes in TV

Isn't that true ?:huh

But I would also like to point out that while visiting Cherrapunji in the East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya I have seen that lnb is covered with a cup(usually by a plastic bottle upside down) in many rooftop. Don't know why ?

According to this theory there are two reason for rain fading
absorption and scattering

Sarkar said:
But I have read somewhere that Ku band signal gets absorbed by water molecules. :u That's why no signal comes in TV

Isn't that true ?:huh

Yep... that's true... due to high frequency of Ku band signals, it has shorter wavelengths which can be easily absorbed/refracted... that's one of the reasons why solid dishes are preferred instead of mesh type dishes, for Ku band...

But these absorption or refraction occurs in the sky... that is,before the signal reaches your dish... we don't have control over this... but what the OP is looking for, is a technique to prevent signal loss after it reaches your dish... hope that clears your doubt...

And those plastic bottles you saw just protect the lnb from getting wet during rain... [emoji6]

Signal issue during rain is not becoz of Wet Lnb, becoz I am covered my lnb fully with a plastic cover and still signal loss in rain. In heavy rains the signal from the satellites will not get into the reflector (dish) properly, when the power of rain decreases more signal will get into the dish... That is the reason behing the signal issue in dth.

Back
Top Bottom