• Views: Views 3,369
Friday They Have Telecasted Deiva Thirumagal Excellent PQ

only one or two movies...

very bad

sun tv also only one or two movies...

very bad

epuqeqe8.jpg

Force1996 said:
Why are they not telecasting movies in Full Screen???

Because the movies are shot in 2.35:1 aspect ratio which is a super widescreen aspect ratio. But our TVs are in 16:9 aspect ratio. The channel is giving us the entire content and when placing the 2.35:1 aspect ratio content into a 16:9 aspect ratio, we are getting black bars at the top and bottom. It is similar to viewing 16:9 aspect ration videos in a 4:3 TV screen where we used to get black bars.

Whatever the english movie channels showing the movies in full screen in 16:9 aspect ratio are not showing us the entire content of ht movie. The additional wider portion will be outside of our TV and hence we will miss that.

While HD movies are playing in Sun HD check the Sun TV SD channel. You will be missing few portion. Similarly on Sun Music SD and K TV SD as well, you will miss.

Sadiq said:
Because the movies are shot in 2.35:1 aspect ratio which is a super widescreen aspect ratio. But our TVs are in 16:9 aspect ratio. The channel is giving us the entire content and when placing the 2.35:1 aspect ratio content into a 16:9 aspect ratio, we are getting black bars at the top and bottom. It is similar to viewing 16:9 aspect ration videos in a 4:3 TV screen where we used to get black bars.

Whatever the english movie channels showing the movies in full screen in 16:9 aspect ratio are not showing us the entire content of ht movie. The additional wider portion will be outside of our TV and hence we will miss that.

While HD movies are playing in Sun HD check the Sun TV SD channel. You will be missing few portion. Similarly on Sun Music SD and K TV SD as well, you will miss.

cant understand

Re: RE: KTVHD now FULLHD

supermachi said:
cant understand

Try googling about television aspect ratio and movie aspect ratio... I can't explain further... I almost explained all...

Wow...grt info sadiq bro....i also have this confusion before..now cleared...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock